ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1983 Mazda RX7 GSL, 5 speed, registered and running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Mazda RX7 GSL, 5 speed, registered and running.

Has 146,xxx original miles. Motor has 32K.
    It's my current daily driver and is registered. I am selling it as registered and smogged to the buyer depending on agreed price. Take car of it all yourself and get a lower price.
    I am open to offers right now so email or message me. Thanks.

I got this car 1 year ago and did a lot of upgrades and parts replacements.
    I've done all the work to this car myself. I know these cars inside and out and every wire in between. I've owned over 20 of these cars and have built them all up.

Here's the details.
    original california car, clean title.
    Does not smoke, ever!!
    *1983 Mazda RX7 GSL 12a rear disc brakes and LSD(posi)
    *Rebuilt 12a motor from a 1985 GS(from an auto trans, the motor looked like new when I opened it) installed.
    *1984 GSL transmission installed.
    *Stock flywheel with ACT stage 3 clutch pressure plate and Stage 1 disc. I did this to have clamping force so the clutch won't slip and the disc is stage 1 so it's easy to drive on the street, it's not hard to take off from a stop.
    *Brand new Tokico HP(blue) shocks and struts front and rear( I installed these last month and have only 157 miles on them as of today)
    *Tie rod ends replaced when I got the car a year ago because the steering felt bad and loose. This completely fixed the problem.
    *Suspension techniques springs installed front and rear, they are about as stiff as Racing beat if you've ever been on those.
    *rebuilt stock nikki carb that I stripped down and converted to mechanical secondaries. Made the car MUCH faster.
    * Match ported stock intake manifold, better for top end power.
    *Chrome plated Racing beat block off plate installed on intake manifold.
    *Cheap aftermarket canister exhaust with aftermarket hi-flow cat convertor(still has stock exhaust manifold on motor, headers did make more power but it was to loud with the setup on it)
    *Stock wheels with new tires, 1 month old about 180 miles on them.
    * metal moonroof top, sorry no glass.
    *Fuel pump on switch control.
    *H4 headlight projectors conversion installed, instead of big sealed beams now it uses H4 bulbs like a civic. They sell these on Ebay. I installed the $50 wire harness to give the bulbs the right power to. You can buy HID for these to, just ask for HID for a civic.
    *Brand new Ignitors installed in January when I put in the motor, $150 each at the auto parts store. *New Magnecor 10mm race wire spark plug wires. Installed 4 months ago.
    *Ignitors rewired with new wire for reliability. The stock wiring was a problem for many RX7's and the reason they ended up at the junkyard.
    *The battery is 1 year old, I bought it when I got the car.
    *Red 1985 GSK-se seats.
    *New semi metallic front wheel bearings installed 1 year ago with new brake rotors up front.
    * New front brake pads installed last month
    *MOMO Monte Carlo small steering wheel with momo hub. Nice condition, not all sun rotted or chewed up.
    *Racing beat steel braided oil cooler lines.
    *Dual TorqFlo 10 inch fans installed with adjustable temperature controller and Aftermarket 160 degree thermostat.

Now for the OTHER things about the car.
    The interior is stripped out. No stereo or speakers.
    It has nice, brown door panels in very good condition.
    There is no carpet. There is no headliner or rear carpet or plastic trim.
    Just 2 door panels, 2 seats, a dash and a steering wheel pretty much.
    I also stripped out the dash, I had begun making an aluminum one for race gauges last week but I won't be finishing that so I threw the stock one back in.
    There is no A/c, no heater, no nothing. I pulled all of that stuff out for race so it's empty under the dash. The dash is just there to hold the stock gauge cluster in place pretty much.

It's looking a bit ugly right now. It was originally Gold but the paint was in bad shape so I cleaned it, sanded it lightly and primered it black but the primer is looking pretty shappy. It could use a light sand and respray or a paint job. The body is very straight though. Just has a small bend on the bottom of the passenger front fender, hardly noticeable. The front bumper also has some scuffs but it's not falling off or in pieces.

Minor oil leak from one of the oil cooler lines, very minor. about a drop in the driveway every day, not a pool of oil!!
    The engine bay is very nice, when the motor was out I cleaned it up, sanded and sprayed it primer black also. It's not a half *Censored**Censored**Censored* job. I taped it off, it looks good. I also removed all the emmissions and excess wiring from under the hood.

These cars do not have power steering from the factory and I've been in some that are very hard to steer or feel heavy.
    Mine does not feel like that, the steering is very light and feels like power steering, this is because of the tie rod ends that were replaced.

The car can be a gas hog if you drive it heavily. The worst gas mileage I made it get was about 8mpg.
    If you can stand do drive this fun machine like a normal human being it gets about 18mpg.

I would say it's about a 95% complete project, just needs paint.

i haven't raced the car and I don't beat on it. since I am using it as my daily driver I had to make sure i didn't break it. LOL.
    Some of my friends have Mustangs and I can tell you that this car is door to door with a GT on the streets when you're rolling. It's not got what it takes to jump off the line like a V8 though. The car is quick. It hits 70mph VERY quickly.

It's good in the turns to.
    I'll take you for a drive to show you I'm not BS'ing.
    It feels very light and nimble.

Well that's all I can think of.
    If you have any questions just email.

open to trades

Open to trades for a miata 5 speed for my next project or a S14 with auto trans for a bigger daily driver.

No body kit cars please.

Comment

Sale is currently pending.

Also looking for a 2nd gen infiniti Q45.

Comment

Working...
      X