WTB:ka24DE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB:ka24DE

if somone is around the dallas ft worth area i could use a ke24de with low miles
    thanx

dallas/ ftworth TX

Comment

I m in LA and I have a KA24de and i ll sell for 200 and i ll throw in an entire gasket kit too

Comment

what year 240 did it come out of?
        how many miles on it(if you know)
        any pics?
        sktr96@hotmail.com if you want to e-mail me or you can just put it on here

Comment

came out of a 92 I was in the process of putting a new head gasket on but and goin F/I but i changed my mind and i need to get rid of it I coud try to get pics soon

Comment

go to any junkyard, ask for a nissan altima, 240, or pickup truck engine, give them $100, then go home.

Comment

i want to swap a 91+ (preferably 91-93) ka in place of my SOHC 12 valve boat toter and theres alot more parts for the DOHC
              not to mention the added power

but yeah im headin out to the nissan yard tommorow to see what hes got

Comment

Originally posted by aphxero
                go to any junkyard, ask for a nissan altima, 240, or pickup truck engine, give them $100, then go home.
                altima = FF

240 = FR

I ve heard all the time it cannot be done I dont know bout the pick it maybe possible but unsure and I wish JY's would sell ka engines that cheap I go to JY very often and they sell runnin engine for at leat 4-5hundred depending mileage and tranny or not

Comment

nismo180sx:

altima = KA24DE

240 = KA24DE

It's not like you need all the accessories and peripherals to swap the engine. Just the longblock should be the same. Is there some reason all the accessories, mounts, brackets, manifolds from the RWD wouldn't work?

Comment

You can go to any shop that does the SR swap - you'll probably have a dozen or so to choose from, but have them pressure test the one you buy, because a lot of people only decide to swap out the old motor once it has blown something or thrown a rod or whatever.

I've seen '91 or thereabouts for $300 at sub-100K miles. A 50K mile '98 usually goes for $600 with transmission.

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by aphxero
                      nismo180sx:

altima = KA24DE

240 = KA24DE

It's not like you need all the accessories and peripherals to swap the engine. Just the longblock should be the same. Is there some reason all the accessories, mounts, brackets, manifolds from the RWD wouldn't work?
                      I am aware that they are both ka engine but mouting points are different and where the assc. mount to the engine will be different I ve gotten into lots of arguements about this and its jus pointless jus like a SR20de can be used in a 240 its impossbile unless u have lots of money and ur pretty dumb

240sx engine bay
                      Attached Files

Comment

altima engine bay as u can clearly see there is a huge differance I m jus saying this so ppl dont go around saying u can use a FF engine in a FR car thats all not tryin to flame either na d sorry for thread jacking too
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X