2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 400+bhp 350+ft.lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 400+bhp 350+ft.lbs

alright i gotta get rid of my most loved car! gotta house and need someting that is less expensive and more fun (back to my drifting roots ) anyways here are some of the most ask questions and answers and list of the mods. car is located in washington state asking price is $21,500 or will take a s13 240sx, miata, mr2 turbo, ae86 gt-s or maybe something elese as part trade. let me know.

dyno numbers: i dont have any personal dyno numbers but, comparing my car with its mods to turboxs's wrx since the mods are very very similar (only difference is my much larger, more effient intercooler. theirs is 634 cubic inches (volume)and mine is 1008 cubic inches (volume) and my exhaust system both systems are 3" turbo back with a 2.25" uppipe excecp i have a OE style dp and the turboxs unit is a bellmouth, oh yeah and im running 1.5psi max more than their's is because i did a little fine tweaking to their stage 4 fuel map so it aint so conservitive). so with that being said i am judging that my car is making very very close to 420bhp and around 370ftlbs since they are making 335 AWHP and 294 ft.lbs torque to the wheels. so if you were to factor in the 20% drivtrain loss that awd have youll get 402 bhp and 353 ftlbs torque. i know it seems pretty jooky but check out their website. ive been using turboxs parts on my cars for years along with many others, so they sell good products, have/had excellet customer service and dont think they have any need to lie or mislead their thousands possibly millions of customers all over the world. the reason i say have had great customer service is because the gentleman that always helped me out (phil) has left the company just recently and i havent had a chance to purcharse anything from them since. if you dont believe me on their dyno numbers than check it out for yourself http://turboxs.com/ click on the wrx/sti page and the goto their stage 4 setup. you cant really tell my car has this amount of power available until you lay on the gas. i am actually getting about 20mpg still with my car which exceptionally well considering that factory rates it at 18city and 24mpg freeway i believe .

1/4 mile times: i currently dont have any up to date 1320' times due to the fact i did alot of work on the car since the last race of the season in august. i know excuses, excusese but in from april - august i had 10 days of track time with the previous setup. the previous setup yielded me a personal best 13.4 @ 103.99. i had many runs at 13.5-13.7 so i know its consistant. these times were with me hitting 2.2-2.6 60' times. im not the best drag racer ill admit it. the setup on the car prior to my insane shopping spree was the following.
    vf30
    godspeed upipe
    hks downpipe
    greddy catback
    turboxs boost controller set at 14psi
    k&n air filter
    walbro fuel pump
    whiteline springs on struts that were going out (suspension makes a HUGE difference in power or should i say power loss)

anyways i dont know what my car will run in the 1/4 mile until april when the track opens up again. so again comparing my car to turboxs which runs a 11.96 @ 115 which they have posted on their website aswell. id day my car would run very close to that or maybe alittle faster with a driver that has the compareable skill as they do.

autocross: idont know if you auto cross but thats kinida what i built the car to be a decent drag car but shine on the course (hence the $3000 coilover setup and $500 swaybar setup). ive only raced in 1autocross and in my class BP (i dont really know what it mean i think its called Be Prepared) i raced against a 340whp galant vr4 with full suspension and a impreza 2.5 rs-t(urbo conversion 400bhp) with a group n race suspension and compared very well to both. i placed 2nd 4.2 seconds behind the the impreza and 8 or 9 seconds ahead of the galant. not bad for a 1st time autocrosser.

mileage: the car just turned 70k miles. no need to worry about them being so high because the car shows no signs of the miles on the car except maybe the paint since i drive it up to the pass for snowboarding. the reason i say no worries is because i had the engine rebuilt in february of 2003 just as a caution thing before i modded the car, because the previous owner racked up quite a few miles on it before i purchased the car (purchased the car with 58,5xx miles on september 23, 2002)(90% freeway i contacted the previousowner about it after he had already traded it in) the rebuilt engine has about 11,500 miles on it, yes the timing belt, valves, tesioners, and al that other stuff was done at the same time. actually it was a good thing i had this done because upon doing this we found out that i did it because wefound a hairline fracture on the lower cam pulley. this is 1 (engine rebuild) of the 2 (other being the wireing of the jdm headlights) things on this car that i had professionally done. the engine work was done at Stewart Subaru (where i purchased the car from and where the previous ownder purchased the car) of yakima, wa 98903. and the wireing of the headlights was done at AutoBoogie of yakima, wa 98908.

---CLEAN TITLE---
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Platinum Silver Metallic
    engine rebuilt february 2003 (under 11,000 miles ago)
    all hp/suspension mods have under 10,000 miles
    Turboxs UTEC
    Turboxs auxillry boost controller
    DMS 40 coilovers 30 pt damper adjustment with extra set of front stiffer springs for track days(also have stock struts and springs)
    carbon fiber hood
    jdm sti projector headlights
    Aps r-series fmic
    aps 50/50 bov
    trust intake (also have stock)
    brand new toyo tires
    prodrive mudflaps
    solid foglight covers
    hks downpipe (also have stock)
    godspeed uppipe
    blitz nur spec catback
    sti 565cc injectors (also have stock that can be modified to 740s)
    walbro 255l fuel pump (also have stock)
    stoptech front and rear slotted rotors (still in box)
    stoptech front and rear stainless braided brakelines (still in box)
    motul brake fluid (waiting to be put in)
    axis performance brake pads (still in box)
    primitive racing front skid plate
    subaru rear diff protector
    blitz dtt dc turbo timer/ lap timer/ boost gauge
    autometer pro-comp boost gauge (still in box)
    autometer pro-comp egt gauge (still in box)
    westech egt probe and sender (still in box)
    hotchkis front sway bar (uninstalled)
    hotchkis rear adjustable sway bar (uninstalled)
    hotchkis front and rear endlinks (uninstalled)
    hotchkis rear heavy duty sway bar mount (uninstalled)
    sti gnome replica grill
    ihi vf30 turbo
    vivid racing short shifter (have stock)
    helix catch can
    all emblems and badges have been removed
    painted gunmetal rims

later
    ryan
    drifterx@charter.net
Working...
X