For Sale 87 Corolla SR-5/GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 87 Corolla SR-5/GTS

I have a 87 Corolla Sr5 to GT5 conversion. It is a coupe that has been painted panda. I bought the car as a project and I no longer need it. I am in no hurry to sell it, just seeing if anybody would want it. I stripped the engine to the bare block and rebuilt it myself. The only thing I didnt do was the machine work on the head and block.
    87 blue top block bored 20 over, used red top hi-comp pistons (10.5)
    JDM 20 valve blacktop rods and crank (strokes the engine about 10 out), with the pistons and these the engine should almost be a 1.8
    Head port and polished, 1mm over valves
    Full gasket rebuild kit
    New water, oil and fuel pump
    10 gallon fuel cell
    Arp bolts and studs (rod, main, pressure plate and head)
    Acl race bearings
    ACT street clutch and pressure plate
    Converted to electric fan
    Converted to 40mm Delorto side draft carbs
    MSD igintion box
    NGK plugs and wires
    Coverted to MR2 dizzy
    Cross drilled rotors on the rear
    Used a 79 Celica diff to lower the ratio a little bit for better throttle response.
    alot more stuff I know I'm forgetting.
    Car is gutted from the dash forward (no heat, insillation, sound deadener)
    I'm asking 4k, but I'm willing to entertain legit offers. Not wanting to trade unless it's for a clean Honda eg hatch. Also, I have a 6 puck solid Comp Clutch I will throw in.

Forgot I'm located in Ashland, Ky

Comment

Pi times radius squared times height equals volume. That's how you find the volume of a cylinder or the displacement of an engine(per cylinder)

Stock the bore is 81mm diameter(40.5mm radius) and 77mm stroke(height)

3.14*40.5*40.5*77=396,579mm cubed or 396.5cc. *4 you get 1586cc(it's actually a bit over 1587cc if you use enough numbers of pi and don't do any rounding)

Boring out your engine .020" isn't going to make it 1800cc, that's only .5mm. It's barely even going to make it 1600cc. You'd have to bore your engine out 10x that to get it to be 1800cc. Literally 10x, as in .200". And all stock 4AG cranks are the same stroke, 77mm.

Comment

I was going by a spec sheet Ueo gave for his. He said he bored his 20 over and used the black top crank and rods because it stroked the engine out a little.

Comment

Monday morning bump. Nobody wants a clean, reliable hatchi?

Comment

Working...
          X