Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeking used ihi turbo

Wasn't sure where to put this post, but i'm looking for a small
    ihi, possibly for... something. the ones factory set to 7psi.
    What's good price? they're aren't many on ebay.
    Any of you guys doing upgrades to big turbos wanna
    donate your good running old one to an experiment?

muah ha ha.

hey man i gotta older Garrett/AIResearch turbo that came out of a VW golf. Has minimal shaft play and is in really good shape. I even have the downpipe and oil line for it. let me know if you want it cause i'll give it to you. Man we really need to meet up sometime. I got you covered if you really want that turbo.

Comment

oh my, that sounds good. rock on ohio.

Comment

whats IHI? im thinking somewhere aling the lines of intake headers intake... but that make no sense to me...

Comment

I think its a comany

Comment

Yeah IHI is a company. If you are looking for cheap IHI or Garret T3's (.60 A/R or .63 A/R) check the yards for the older 84-86 Mustang SVO's or Turbo Coupes. Both of those cars had the 2.3ltr Ford turbo engines, and both came with those types of turbo's (company and trim depending on model and year). If you need one in the same performance range but a T4 instead of a T3 check out the older Buick GN or T-Type 3.8 turbo's (I think the 86-87 years had the good turbos). You could mix match parts from both turbo's to make a wanna-be T3/T4 hybrid. This was what I planned to do for my Uncles SVO before the headgasket went. But the problem is the turbine would be a little small so the max HP it can support is only around 350hp. Still, better than the stock T3, and I was gonna get the donor turbo for $100 so cheap mod!

Comment

From my experience with the whole ford family turbos yuo could also find the ihi out of the probe gt and one from the T-Bird and all the parts are interchangeable. On my probe we used the probes exhaust housing and center cartrige and the whole intake housing and it worked great even the shafts are the same just change out these parts and it spools up quicker because of the smaller exhaust side but still pushes alot more power because of the bigger intake side. just my thoughts though.

Comment

Working...
              X