FS: 1990 BMW 325i 2-dr (CA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1990 BMW 325i 2-dr (CA)

I am looking to sell my car. It's a '90 325i, 2-door manual. Alpine white on black. Good mechanical condition, although the alternator seems to be on its way out. I've been driving it for 15k miles and the M20b25 has never once skipped a beat. Oil has been changed religiously and the engine barely burns any. Engine braking is still strong, as is the pulling power. The exhaust is factory, so the cat has some rust holes, as does the muffler. However, it passes smog pretty easily.

Z3 "short shift kit." 195/60HR-14 Falken Azenis Sports mounted on stock bottlecaps, getting near bald. Interior has been partially stripped of sound-deadening and will be fully stripped at buyer's request. The seats are in good condition, and the driver's seat has been replaced with a Sport-model (better bolstered) seat. Rear seats are not included, but could be tossed in along with rear interior panels (excepting the left rear) for a low price. Full-size spare included. It has power windows and a power sunroof. The AC doesn't work, but who cares?

Now for the bad stuff: it has body damage. The right quarter panel is crumpled from behind the door to the tail light. (I hit a washing machine while sideways... long story, but feel free to ask) The roof has (minor) dents and the A-pillars have very slight wrinkles in them, mostly due to the fact I ended up upside down. However, a new windshield fit and the car tracks nice and straight. Ok, it tracked nice and straight until I messed up the alignment by having new tires put on and then driving the hell out of it.

There are three electrical shorts, all of which are minor. The first short is that if I put in the right front turn indicator bulb, it'll cause the tail lights and rear brake lights to not work. The second is that the reverse lights don't come on in reverse; they come on randomly in neutral. The wires are grounding somewhere, and since it's so insignificant, I just pulled the bulbs. (I have more important things to do than find a short that doesn't nothing bad) The third short is that the check console says the tail lights don't work, when in fact they do. (See, I told you they were trivial.)

The suspension is factory, and thus the shocks and struts are most likely blown. However, it has new control arms with e30 M3 offset bushings. (A poor kid's gotta start somewhere, right?)

The front brake rotors were replaced with Ate Powerslots and the rears with Ate OEM replacements. The pads all around are Axxis Ultimates and I've been running Ate Superblue fluid.

I'm hoping to get somewhere around $875 for it. I'm located in Fallbrook, CA, which is roughly 60 miles from the California-Mexico border. Thanks for any interest.

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X