that new GT4 wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that new GT4 wheel

has anyone bought the new gran tourismo 4 steering wheel? i don't know if a $150 steering wheel is worth it. if GT4 is as real as they say it will be then i will for sure. it will be like being in cali. supposedly it is so close they can train drivers for the course sans dangerous situations.

no i havent bought it yet..whats the name of it?
    i remember GT3's steering wheel was the force feedback or sumthing like that ....
    it is real..im not to sure about the training stuff but its pretty close to actually being there...that game is the best racing game ive ever played...

Comment

driving force pro gt4 wheel made by logitech, it went down to 105 then up to 125, so price varies, i live in hawthorne btw drift it.

Comment

ok great...ill be sure to get that when i get GT4

Comment

hey, I have the wheel. I've had it for a little over 3-4 months now. it is a good wheel and well worth the purchase I belive. I would recomend it.

rock.

Comment

yup 900 degrees of turning thats 2 1/2 turns of racing power, no clutch or real shifters, ACT labs makes one for computer if ur willing to play LFS on it

Comment

yeah normal wheels only spin like 200 deg. so that is a big change. but it only has paddle style shifters? those things are wierd. so far the best wheel is the one a guy on tech tv made (not the wheel but his set up) he had a racing seat,wheel and pedals with a clutch! some crazy roll cage and sound stuff

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                yeah normal wheels only spin like 200 deg. so that is a big change. but it only has paddle style shifters? those things are wierd. so far the best wheel is the one a guy on tech tv made (not the wheel but his set up) he had a racing seat,wheel and pedals with a clutch! some crazy roll cage and sound stuff
                I have it and the steering wheel changes from 200 to 900 degrees depending on the game. I kind of have a setup, it is a cheap drift setup with my old 240sx seat. My friend thinks it is the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. I had a thread up a while ago about it with pics. Let me see if I can find it.

Comment

Found the thread. It was from a few months ago so it took a while.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...t&pagenumber=3

Comment

that is really cool. i want to go to a junk yard or something and just buy a seat that does not smell..... it just has to get the job done. do you use the simulation tires in GT3?

Comment

I use medium compound racing slicks all around with about 300HP. it works well for me. I just don't like simulation tires. yea they simulate real life driving.......on ice. just to easy to break traction. I like mediums because they offer more of a challenge, the grip level is up, and the breakaway rate is a bit more consistent. but thats just me.

rock.

Comment

i actually prefer the simulation tires because you actually have to go at resonable speeds like 50 instead of 100. but whatever. i cant think of the course but there is an s curve to u turn that i have got a couple of times.... either way i can't wait for my REAL car because games mean nothing compared to the real thing.

Comment

I actually haven't played GT3 a whole lot. I like Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3. In the pics you can see my pink S15 on the TV screen.

Comment

i really hate paypal.....i was going to buy a game on super nintendo about drifting. but no! damn paypal wont let me take out my own money! i played tokyo extreme racer 3. it was ok but not enough change. and you always see that same stupid van. oh and it takes to long to get money.

Comment

That is really the one problem with the game, that damn van. The physics is a lot more realistic in this one compared to the last.

Comment

Working...
                              X