Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuaboi36
    lol why only for u?
    i dunno...maybe its more for other people...

Comment

Its not just the size of the wheels, its the comparison (sp) of wheel size to what the car can handle. I would be interested in the wheels if you can post pics and the specs.

Comment

u just need 450+ hp to drift with those big rims.. the tengoku mags are like 10.. this site is selling them now. ^^ and hes right.. bigger cars can handle bigger rims.. just because the japanese are drifting 19 inch rims doesnt mean they are on hachis or 180's they are on the bigger cars such as mark II and chaser
        Last edited by MrodDrft; 06-26-2004, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Well, the shop goal is to get the FD up to 400 while staying with twins (probablly have to do an efini swap). The old sort of standard on wheel size is +1/+2" from stock. Anyway, just my two cents.

Comment

I think its mostly the wieght of the rim that matters isn't it, not solely the size. Doesn't Gen Terasaki have an Ae86 pushing out about 197 hp and is riding on 18's. I might be mistaken.

Comment

There is alot that goes into the physics of it. Wheel spin time, weight, etc. But this is really going in depth though. If you are straight competition then it can matter, but otherwise, do what ya want to your car

Comment

18" tires cost more then smaller stuff. it adds up.

Comment

I all depends on what the car came with stock. You can still run a stock height on some cars that came with 16's and do it with 18's. Bigger the wheel, smaller the tire. Make up the difference.

Also, why would you do an Effini swap to get 400 hp with twins? I am at 380 to the flywheel and I got the twins on mine. No effini swap. bump up my boost a little and I am at 400. Granted, not a completely safe for a long period of time 400, but 400 none the less. Plus when is it ever safe to run high horsepower out of a 3rd gen? You are always risking something or other popping out on you. My car can spin 18's with no problem and would have no problems with 19's.

Comment

Well, let me put it this way. The general philosophy (sp) behind my 7 is when something breaks (and something always does) that I just upgrade it. The reason I was talking about the efini's is because I want to stay twin but if the stocks break, upgrade em.
                    As for wheels, just get what you want. If you want to drift on spinners, then drift on spinners, if they are hubcap spinners, all the better. People are just geeking out way too much about the perfect this or perfect that....its all about fun, just remeber that.

Comment

word!

Comment

Screw all that. I'm gonna throw some 24 inch crome rims on my miata. Have the mofo lifted and throw some Bags on it. hahaha
                        Seriously though, 18's and 17's are around a good size i think so anyway. Not only that but 5 zigen also makes there rims really light. A friend of mine has 16 inch 5zigen and they way about roughly 14 pounds.... well somewhere around there, i forgot how much they weighed but i know that they are hella light though.

P.S. How much do u want for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo
                          A friend of mine has 16 inch 5zigen and they way about roughly 14 pounds.... well somewhere around there
                          P.S. How much do u want for them?
                          the 01rs are usually wiegh about a pound under their size, 15's about 14lbs and 18's about 17 and so on.

Comment

Thanks! always good to know, but they are pretty light though.

Comment

what the hell 18's arent bad!!
                              Just need more power you underpowered noobz!!lol

soo nenough on my turbo II ima have 18 X 12 28jj rear and
                              17 X 8 30jj front to fit my widebody on the FC3S!!

do these zigen wheels fit this size??

Comment

Originally posted by JunpoweR
                                what the hell 18's arent bad!!
                                Just need more power you underpowered noobz!!lol

soo nenough on my turbo II ima have 18 X 12 28jj rear and
                                17 X 8 30jj front to fit my widebody on the FC3S!!

do these zigen wheels fit this size??
                                haha, underpowered is correct! i'm if put 18' rims on my car, i'd poke my eyes out

Comment

Working...
                                X