• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two AE86 for sale

i have two ae86 for sale one is a GTS Coupe the other an SR5 Hatch
    asking for both 1200
    i am in NJ

what condition are the vehicles in? How many miles? Any mods? Rust? Engines ok? yadda yadda yadda...

BTW, where are you located in NJ, I live in NYC.
    Last edited by Velvet; 07-15-2004, 07:07 PM.

Comment

would the sr-5 really be an ae86? the motor sr-5 isn't as good as a 4age.

Comment

pictures of the cars

both cars have regular old rust ...the gts is my daily ...it was hit yesterday the frame on the sr5 is good....the sr5 is ready for a swap from the gts if wanted....

.the GTS has a short shifter, grant steering wheel, the car is dropped, has air intake changed, new put it in two weeks ago LUK clutch, new clutch master cylinder, 3 month old TRD headers purchased from harisen attack, and a strut bar. has about 159000 miles, title is good

the sr5 is currently stripped as to i was going to put in the engine from this gts into it but decided to keep the gts,,,,,now i guess i have no choice swap it or sell it ..i dont hav etime to do the swap so i will sell....

BOTH HAVE AE86 VINs

Comment

Yes SR5 is AE86

Comment

it is? i never knew that. 2 bad they don't come with the 4age motor becauz here in s.f., i see quite a few sr-5 for under 900

Comment

What part of NJ are you located?

Comment

bit off topic but what kind of strut bar do you have? I have the same one I got it for $100, too much maybe, but I dont know who made it.

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
                  Yes SR5 is AE86
                  sorry if i'm wrong, but isn't the sr5 an ae85 while the gts is the ae86? the sr5's got the 4ac sohc carburator engine, with rear drum brakes (slightly different rear axle). the gts has the 4ag dohc fuel injected engine with rear disc brakes, and different axle. i know that you need a gts rear axle to put in lsd. an sr5 is a load more work than if you found a decent condition gts

Comment

AE86 is the chassis code. BOTH GTS and SR5 have the same chassis, AE86. AE85 was not ever sold in the US, yes it was the economy version of the AE86 and had a less rigid frame. The vins also have nothing to do with the chassis, Sr5's had AE86 to start the vin and the GTS have AE88 to start theirs.

Comment

You guys are dumb. Read something.

Comment

is the same like FC3S, thats chassis code, FC3S in japan are only turbos, in US FC3S are turbo and N/As. Different spec, different versions of engines but same chassis code. As far as I'm concerned real FC3S are turbos, like they came in japan. Non-turbo FC was made only for US/Euro market.

Comment

Originally posted by C0urage
                          You guys are dumb. Read something.
                          stop flamming buddy

Comment

ok yea im interested in them.... how much would it be for just one or the other? is it negotiable? IM at the DE/PA border any way i could take a look at them?

Comment

Where in jersey are you, I live about 15 mins. from the del. Memorial bridge and i am very interested. Are the prices negotiable at all? my e-mail is NewarkHcky22@aol.com. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X