• Show
Clear All

• 1981 Toyota Celica Supra

Great Shape, Metalic Black V6 89,000 miles $3,000.00

Photos help.

Comment

location helps too...

Comment

Im interested, email pics and location and detailed info to vicegta2002@hotmail.com.
        Last edited by Cobra_R; 07-29-2004, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Those things came in a V6?

Comment

I believe the 81 supra was the year that toyota started putting the straight 6's in the celicas. If memory serves me correctly the first 6 was a sohc vice dohc hence it was called the 5me and when it grew the second cam it gained the 5mge.

Somewhere along the way a bigger crank was dropped in the 5mge and it gained a new moniker of 6mge, though I believe this was never available stateside.

Third gen supras which dropped the celica-supra tag altogether got an engine revamp and were sporting 7mge and everyones favorite 7mgTe.

There's still a small following for the older celica-supra's as I understand it, as a friend of mine is undertaking a 7mgTe transplant into his project car.

Wow talk about rambling, anyway... short answer no there was no V6 option in the celica-supra.

Comment

Well...Thank you for answering...

Comment

I'm interested.. I used to have one and got rid of it.. big mistake.. this is a great car! Can you email pics and location to bsacadat@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Comment

straight

the supra never came with a v six only straight six. 5me sinle cam 5mge dual overhead cam.-resident mk2 expert-ha small following more like huge anyone want to know about mk2 supras go to celicasupra.com-thanks

Comment

Re: straight

Originally posted by drfsupramk2
                    the supra never came with a v six only straight six. 5me sinle cam 5mge dual overhead cam.-resident mk2 expert-ha small following more like huge anyone want to know about mk2 supras go to celicasupra.com-thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X