This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
    Wow, you know I have never been referred to as a post whore. This is a new one. But let me break it down to you in a way that you might understand.

I did this to help out people who may be new to the sport or to driving. I did this to help them maybe find a car in their area since 30% of total posts are people looking for a car to get. I did all this to try and help people from getting flamed when they ask where they can get a good Drift car. So why attack me?

See unlike you, a beginner may not know to go the the Traderonline to find a car. They may not know what they are looking for. There's alot of things that I and maybe you take for granted as the knowings and the doings of car shopping. Heck man, 60% of the people here don't know what the first mod is that they need to do to their car. So helping them find a car is something that I actually thought was a good deed. As I have stated before, I could actually care less what my post count is. As you can see, I do not post junk, one word responses or any of that other useless garbage that goes on around here. If I was worried about my post count, I would be well into the 3000's by now.

So how about laying off. But to answer the only real question you asked, yes this is a Drifting site and guess what? Drifting uses cars. Yes that might be a new thing to you but you have to have a car to Drift. As you noticed, this is in the Buy/Sell area, an appropriate place for it wouldn't you say? If I remember correctly, that is the exact place on Drifting.com that it is supposed to go.
    Easy killer...

you sometimes have this rude omnipotence attitude about you, you've busted my balls a few times on some very stupid things just as you've done to many others on this site. I've watched and read silently. You seem to always help out the beginners but as soon as someone learns a bit and gets somewhat estabilshed in drift and automotive knowledge, u find a way to down them...
    Sending mod warning to people to show dominance? I dont mean to get you defensive because ur helping others, I respect you for that, I like to help out when i can also. I am in no way a qualified "drifter", nor do i claim it. The reason i posted about that, is because this site has turned into such a poser-keyboard drifter site its getting really sad. How many hundeads of posts have to come up about the "PERFECT DRIFT CAR"? Honestly, they sell the auto trader everywhere weekly, its pretty easy to pick up that little newspaper magazine. It only costs a buck. Common sense "duh... autotrader... duhhh.. autotrader.net?... nah that didn't work... maybe autotrader.org?? nah that didn't work either, how about autotrader.com?? yeah i'll try that"
    If someone doesn't have the drive or the desire to atleast check something out for themself then i highly doubt that they will have the initiave to take on the task of maintaining a sports car, especially a drift car. Normally on here when u ask an honest question on here, looking to others for answers to things that haven't already been discussed, you've already done enough research that you've either figured it out or u have no idea and someone will eventually help out. The problem is u get ignored and have to keep posting on ur own thread so ur honest question doesn't get bombarded out of the line up by dumbass repeat posts.

Basically what i'm saying, is why waste your own time trying to help those who aren't willing help themselves??

Maybe i'm wrong and nitpicking this site....I'm not perfect
    Last edited by OH240SE; 08-05-2004, 10:57 PM.

Comment

That's just the thing, I did go with him. I told him not to buy it, to pass on it for something better, that it seemed fishy... but when he has his heart set on something it's impossible to change his mind. Now I feel horrible that he has to go through this... but to be fair, I didn't even know it had frame damage, the salvage title was supposedly for a theft recovery so I didn't even think about it. It drove nice enough... crap, it's like a bad dream. The owner had it smogged, she had it inspected... neither raised any flags. Both were probably bribed.

If these people can't find autotrader on their own, how can you expect them to check over a car on their own?

Newbies- Please, for the love of God, BE THERE when the car is inspected. Have it inspected by a REPUTABLE mechanic. Have a doubtful friend who knows about cars come with you, ask the hard questions. Don't let your want of a car blind your judgement. My friend is looking at a lot of time getting driven around by his parents and his friends because he can't drive the car he bought. He can't go to work because he's researching a small-claims case against the seller. RUN A CARFAX!! If he had run a CARFAX prior to buying the car, he would've realized it had a junk title at one point. Learn from his mistakes, and mine... argue with, punch, or do whatever it takes to your friend to get your point across. He'll thank you later. (Unless you break his nose.)

Comment

Instead of posting links of cars, we could instead post a thread on what to look and look out for when buying a new or used car.

That would be more informative to all of us

GRiDRaceTech has the right idea.
        Last edited by OH240SE; 08-05-2004, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I think you are making it WAY too easy for us...Just chill...We can do it ourselves...Thanks for caring anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
            Excuse me if i'm stepping on ur toes, but u already have like 1500 posts, are u going for the all time record or what?
            Um hello?

Originally posted by OH240SE
            Instead of posting links of cars, we could instead post a thread on what to look and look out for when buying a new or used car.

That would be more informative to all of us

GRiDRaceTech has the right idea.
            He has before, and so have many many others.

Comment

See, alot of people on here do just that. They do not research and come here to look for the easy answers. That really gets annoying after a while. But, in a sense, you have to help them out because not everyone of them is going to be a lazy person and may just want some info and go forward in the sport. So it's a double edged sword. Who do you help and who do you not help? Well in the end, you either help em all or you don't. It's pretty funny when you try and help people, they don't want it. But soon as you turn around, there are 10 people asking where to get a car from.

As for my attitude and my modding, let me assure you, I send out the least amount of mod warnings and mine are probably the friendliest out there.

So it's pretty clear that this thread is off topic and you guys could care less, so i'm closing it. Thai Juku the point of the thread was to make it easy on new people. I'll refer them to you whenever they need help. That should settle it.
              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 08-05-2004, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X