No announcement yet.

Carbon Fiber Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know good job I though it would be a little too much but I think they would make good gifts.
    By the way RADHAZ that was the funniest site ever I about pissed my pants! everyone should check that link. It's hilarious which is totally brageable.

Comment

You guys do know that Carbon Fiber is just about deadly if it frays and enters you skin? That's why my wedding band is Platnium with two Carbon racing stripes. I can post some pics if you like?

Comment

Deadly? These rings won't fray, because they're incapsulated in epoxy resin. The fibers are not even close to your skin. Carbon fiber is used for prosthetic limbs because it is so strong. I don't think doctors would put it next to somebody's skin if it were going to hurt them. I have worked with cf for a long time and I've gotten slivers before while cutting the material with no problems. Besides, the tensile strength is over two times what steel is and it is stiffer than titanium so it's not likely to break.

Comment

I know of a carbon product that they use in arrows for hunting. I heard it can get humans sick. However, I doubt that it's going to kill you if it's imbeded for a couple minutes in your finger, It could cause an infection and hurt you that way if you never clean it. Did you know some metal slivers can hurt you if you leave them in for ever also. CF I would be intersted to see the medical use of carbon fiber do you have a link to some where I could find this info? I will serch and come with the results my feeling that carbon fiber is ok for you.........and your car if it's tastefull
          ....oh yeah as far as fraying have you looked at them? These aren't civic knock off hood qualiy, they're not going to fray unless you put some effort(angle grinder time) into them fraying
          jmho
          Last edited by drfsupramk2; 08-15-2004, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Here you go. Here is one medical use. There are many more.
            http://www.4corthopedic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon12
              Deadly? These rings won't fray, because they're incapsulated in epoxy resin. The fibers are not even close to your skin. Carbon fiber is used for prosthetic limbs because it is so strong. I don't think doctors would put it next to somebody's skin if it were going to hurt them. I have worked with cf for a long time and I've gotten slivers before while cutting the material with no problems. Besides, the tensile strength is over two times what steel is and it is stiffer than titanium so it's not likely to break.
              Very cool, Nothing against you but I have heard of certain CF rings fraying and breaking off into fingers. There was some company a few years back that had this problem. When I was looking for my wedding band, a jeweler friend of mine brought this to my attention. He made mine. How much are you asking for your rings?

Comment

They are $22 shipped

Comment

i just got mine today. its great! looks good, well made, clean. awesome! so...you got my good feedback

Comment

that is a cool buisness. kudos on the great idea and i am thinking about ordering one. do you guys know what is stronger human bone vs carbon fiber? i have no idea

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                      that is a cool buisness. kudos on the great idea and i am thinking about ordering one. do you guys know what is stronger human bone vs carbon fiber? i have no idea
                      find me a sucker and i can test it.

Comment

Working...
                      X