Bullsh*t selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullsh*t selling?

alright well I was looking on ebay becuz I got terribly bored out of my mind.....
    and i came up across this post and I was wondering if anyone knew about this..... I mean someone would import a bunch of skylines and such and sell them?....
    I think its complete bullsh*t........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6392

motorex imports skylines and sells em.....but they legalize em for u.

Comment

UNST0PPABL3: its "not" BS....your eyes are playing tricks with you!
      haha really
      um...at the bottom it says "Please Check Out Other Skylines" and it only has pics of R33's in a whole bunch of places..
      but then he says "1996 Nissan Skyline GTS R33 TURBO JDM Supra RX7 GTR NSX" and you don't recall seeing "JDM SUPRA RX-7 GTR NSX"
      and the guy lives worldwide or at least the cars do....
      so if you're interested why don't you hit him up with an email!

Comment

Looks like it might be worth enquiring about.

Comment

he said its already in the states though?.........

alright I was reading up on legalizing this is hwat I found........ its a mouthful but it should answer some questions...

this was a letter sent to someone who was trying to buy a skyline...

Dear Mr. Smith,

This is in response to your e-mail, in which you state that you would like to
          import a right-hand drive (RHD) 1995 Nissan Skyline R33 from Japan. You stated
          that you are aware that these vehicles are being imported and conformed by a
          company named Motorex, but you stated that Motorex is charging more for these
          services than you are able to pay. You have therefore asked what modification
          would have to be performed on the vehicle to make it compliant with U.S. safety
          standards.

The vehicle that you describe was not originally manufactured to comply with all
          applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS). Such a vehicle that
          is less than 25 years old can only be lawfully imported into the United States
          if 1) it is determined eligible for importation by NHTSA and 2) it is imported
          by a registered importer or by a person who has a contract with a registered
          importer to bring the vehicle into compliance with all applicable Federal motor
          vehicle safety standards within 120 days of entry.

Import eligibility decisions are made on a make, model, and model year basis.
          NHTSA has determined that the 1990-1999 versions of the right-hand drive (RHD)
          Nissan GTS and GTR ("Skyline") are eligible for importation and has assigned
          vehicle eligibility number VCP-17 to those vehicles. (The import eligibility
          number is to be entered on the HS-7 Declaration form that is to be given to
          Customs at the time of entry, and alerts Customs that the vehicle may be
          lawfully imported by a registered importer or by a person who has a contract
          with a registered importer, even though the vehicle is not certified by its
          manufacturer as complying with all applicable FMVSS.) The agency has not
          determined that any other model year Nissan Skyline is eligible for importation.

To learn the modifications the petitioner stated were needed to conform the
          1990-1999 Skyline to the FMVSS, you should go to the DOT Docket Website at
          dms.dot.gov and enter docket number 5507 in the appropriate block on the simple
          search screen. A list of registered importers can be found on our website at
          www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import. You should consult the importers on that
          list to see whether any are willing to conform the vehicle that you seek to
          import to all applicable safety and bumper standards.

If you decide to import the vehicle, one potential complicating factor is that
          the registered importer who petitioned NHTSA to determine the 1990-1999 model
          Skyline eligible for importation requested, and was granted, confidentiality
          with respect to the modifications needed to conform the vehicle to certain of
          the standards. As a consequence, that importer (Motorex of Gardena, California)
          has claimed a proprietary interest in the modifications covered by the
          confidentiality grant. This does not preclude other registered importers from
          attempting to modify the vehicle. However, should those importers not gain
          access to the modifications covered by the grant of confidentiality, they will
          have to demonstrate to the agency, at the time they submit a conformity
          certification package for a Skyline, that they have made equivalent
          modifications that permit the vehicle to comply with the standards covered by
          the confidentiality grant.

Regrettably you could not perform the necessary modifications to conform the
          vehicle yourself. Those modifications could only be performed by a registered
          importer. Moreover, you could not import the vehicle unless you have a contract
          with a registered importer to perform the necessary modifications upon it.

I hope this information is helpful.

Coleman Sachs, Chief
          Import and Certification Division
          Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance

and to add to that , the cost is around 12k to have http://www.japimportsusa.com/ guys do the conversion .......... not only to the 3500 import cost omg omg omg........

and I also heard that MOTOREX is total ripoff......... but you know if you ahve the moeny why not......

after reading all this stuff I just figured that the guy on that ebay thing is just
          TOTAL BULLSH*T.......... I read the comments about him but it still seems really fishy to me but yeah

Comment

Originally posted by UNST0PPABL3
            he said its already in the states though?.........

alright I was reading up on legalizing this is hwat I found........ its a mouthful but it should answer some questions...

this was a letter sent to someone who was trying to buy a skyline...

Dear Mr. Smith,

This is in response to your e-mail, in which you state that you would like to
            import a right-hand drive (RHD) 1995 Nissan Skyline R33 from Japan. You stated
            that you are aware that these vehicles are being imported and conformed by a
            company named Motorex, but you stated that Motorex is charging more for these
            services than you are able to pay. You have therefore asked what modification
            would have to be performed on the vehicle to make it compliant with U.S. safety
            standards.

The vehicle that you describe was not originally manufactured to comply with all
            applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards (FMVSS). Such a vehicle that
            is less than 25 years old can only be lawfully imported into the United States
            if 1) it is determined eligible for importation by NHTSA and 2) it is imported
            by a registered importer or by a person who has a contract with a registered
            importer to bring the vehicle into compliance with all applicable Federal motor
            vehicle safety standards within 120 days of entry.

Import eligibility decisions are made on a make, model, and model year basis.
            NHTSA has determined that the 1990-1999 versions of the right-hand drive (RHD)
            Nissan GTS and GTR ("Skyline") are eligible for importation and has assigned
            vehicle eligibility number VCP-17 to those vehicles. (The import eligibility
            number is to be entered on the HS-7 Declaration form that is to be given to
            Customs at the time of entry, and alerts Customs that the vehicle may be
            lawfully imported by a registered importer or by a person who has a contract
            with a registered importer, even though the vehicle is not certified by its
            manufacturer as complying with all applicable FMVSS.) The agency has not
            determined that any other model year Nissan Skyline is eligible for importation.

To learn the modifications the petitioner stated were needed to conform the
            1990-1999 Skyline to the FMVSS, you should go to the DOT Docket Website at
            dms.dot.gov and enter docket number 5507 in the appropriate block on the simple
            search screen. A list of registered importers can be found on our website at
            www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import. You should consult the importers on that
            list to see whether any are willing to conform the vehicle that you seek to
            import to all applicable safety and bumper standards.

If you decide to import the vehicle, one potential complicating factor is that
            the registered importer who petitioned NHTSA to determine the 1990-1999 model
            Skyline eligible for importation requested, and was granted, confidentiality
            with respect to the modifications needed to conform the vehicle to certain of
            the standards. As a consequence, that importer (Motorex of Gardena, California)
            has claimed a proprietary interest in the modifications covered by the
            confidentiality grant. This does not preclude other registered importers from
            attempting to modify the vehicle. However, should those importers not gain
            access to the modifications covered by the grant of confidentiality, they will
            have to demonstrate to the agency, at the time they submit a conformity
            certification package for a Skyline, that they have made equivalent
            modifications that permit the vehicle to comply with the standards covered by
            the confidentiality grant.

Regrettably you could not perform the necessary modifications to conform the
            vehicle yourself. Those modifications could only be performed by a registered
            importer. Moreover, you could not import the vehicle unless you have a contract
            with a registered importer to perform the necessary modifications upon it.

I hope this information is helpful.

Coleman Sachs, Chief
            Import and Certification Division
            Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance

and to add to that , the cost is around 12k to have http://www.japimportsusa.com/ guys do the conversion .......... not only to the 3500 import cost omg omg omg........

and I also heard that MOTOREX is total ripoff......... but you know if you ahve the moeny why not......

after reading all this stuff I just figured that the guy on that ebay thing is just
            TOTAL BULLSH*T.......... I read the comments about him but it still seems really fishy to me but yeah
            ..............BRAVO! you've done well! and of course Motorex is ripping the public off like there is no tomarrow! they buy those skylines for probably less then 20g's and then up the price sky high so they make like 50-60% profit.....but hey if i was banking in money like Jay-Z I'd probably have a garage full of skylines hahaha
            and no doubt the guy doesn't seem legit

Comment

so is japimportusa.com supposed to be better and cheaper than Motorex when it comes to importing?

Comment

Well now its established that motorex is ripping off the hell out of everybody.... BUT you cant just complain.... because I'm pretty sure there aren't that many certified importers here in so cal..... so I guess motorex's prices are so high becasue they CAN be...... kinda like a monopoly in a way .........

as goes for the other website....... I cant be sure...... unless someone has 60k lying around to go try it out........ but ill go look into it......

Comment

Well, I don't think the guy is bulling anyone. He is basically selling Skylines. He doesn't say they are legal if I remember correctly, he only says they are for sale. What this probably boils down too since I read his ad and it says that he expects 2k withint 2 days and the rest 5 days after I think it is, what I think is that he will send you the car no problem. It's up to you to have all your crap in one sock when it gets here. After he send it and gets the money, it's out of his hands. A couple things do seem fishy to me though, the fact that all the cars are in front of completely different backgrounds. You would think that if he is selling them they would all be in one place. Not at different shops, in parking lots, at gas stations and what not. Also the fact that the ones I looked at were all modded out the same way. Same suspension, same tires etc etc. I don't know if its a scam or not but in the end, who really cares. I don't see what the whole big deal with the Skyline on this site is anyway.

The only reason that 99% of the people want a Skyline is because you can't have one. I mean think about it. You are basically paying an extreme amount of money for a Camaro. Just a right hand drive one. They are around the same size, weight, power I think and overall same dimensions. They are right hand drive so you need to get used to that. It is just so much of a waste. Sure, if you are on the showcar scene and all that, get one. But if you are a driver, why would you? They are great cars but if you spend that much money on one the last thing you are going to do is use it for what it was intended for.

Go and get something that you can get parts for, fix easily and beat the crap out of to drive. You can have so much more fun for a tenth of the price of that Skyline.

Comment

well the relevence to this post is that I posted it in the buy and sell area to ask around and see whats up , its np...

As goes for the other stuff you said I totaly agree...." you always want what you dont have"......... tahts true. you can sit there and contemplate it for an hour and it will all just come down to basic fact.....
                    I myself was not planning on buying that skyline anyway .... I just happen to come across it when I got bored the other day..........

Comment

Well i dont wanna buy a skyline, but how many of us can go up to your friends and just say u have a skyline.
                      Maybe its just bragging rights.

Comment

Working...
                      X