ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i import a car to the US by myself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i import a car to the US by myself?

How can i import a car here by my self? here is a list of the cars i can import http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/...LIG071404.html

anything will help

You cant, you still have to get it legalized NO MATTER WHAT. There is no getting around DOT legalization, its impossible. Unless you're going to use it for off road use only. And if you get caught driving it on the road, then your car gets impounded and can end up being crushed.

Comment

1.Go to your local DMV and ask what is needed to register a foreign car.
      2. Find a foreign car importing company.
      3. Find a shipping agency
      4. Pay all the overpriced shipping fees, tarrifs, blah, blah, blah that will make you realize it was easier to get a USDM car.

Comment

talk to chas and goto this website

www.shogunstyleperformance.com

Comment

www.google.com (flame suit on)

Comment

Jeez Nate, Google, I mean comon, you stink, stink sti.....wait, I would have looked there too. No need for the flame suit.

Ok JDM Importing boy, there are numerous threads on this topic, search them out. but there's the quick version. There are ways around things if you are not in Cali, and since you are in Wisconsin, you may have a chance. But, if you get caught, you can bet on what was said above happening. Your best bet is to get an American one. First off, parts are a pain for a J-Spec car that never made it here. Secondly, getting it registered is a pain. Thirdly, it's too much money and the conclusion is, it's just a waste of time, money and money.

Do yourself a favor, if you don't have pockets like Puff Daddy, don't even waste your time.

Comment

Working...
            X