Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

owned.

Comment

ya, bout the sr5... to do the conversion to a gts, or make it like a gts, how much would it cost? i dont really have the money to get a gts right now, or a s14 for that matter. so i thought about gettin a sr5, then switchin it when i get the money. any opinions on that idea?

Comment

it depends on how much you can find a crashed donor car for. Or you can work out a deal with a junkyard over a gts for a small ammount of money. I stripped a GTS coupe with everything except for a drivers side mirror for 400 dollars.

Comment

and he never even called me in for backup... bastage.. :P Just playin Allen.. next time you find a GTS to destroy (strip) call me and I'll come out in my hatchback and haul some stuff for you..

damn coupes just cant hold as much

Comment

still have the sr5????

Comment

Yes I do. Shoot me a email at Skyz_22@msn.com

Comment

This is an interesting thread. I would definitely be interested in some of this stuff, especially the lower insurance cost. I mean if there was a straight coupe w/0 dings and nice paint it would be a very nice buy. My question is this though: to get a reliable car, how much would it be. aka from sr5 to gts. Guess I'll have to scoot on over to club 4ag and read some more about this.

Comment

I spent 400 dollars converting a car to GTS. I am trying to purchase a GTS from a wrecking yard for 100 with a drive to it... If that goes through.. I might keep the sr5 and convert it to GTS. It depends on if you can find GTSs at junkyards for cheap, or if someone wrecked thiers and is willing to sell the whole thing.. it wouldnt be wourth much if they went sideways into a pole, just as long as the driveshaft wasnt hit.. the whole thing is easy to swap over.

And yes I do have lower insurance on the SR5, I think the difference is 30 dollars.. could be a little more.. but not much.

Comment

RE:

Originally posted by _uG TM
                    had to post huh?

you know some people cant afford 3k for a good, rust free, straight frame GTS.

::Raises hand::

Comment

I agree. I can't even afford headers for my 'Bird. Darn college.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsunami
                        I agree. I can't even afford headers for my 'Bird. Darn college.
                        I hear ya.. I cant complete my GTS..

Comment

2 very nice clean cars,

Comment

i think im not sure though but

AE86=gts
                            AE85=sr5

Comment

Originally posted by Drifticon
                              i think im not sure though but

AE86=gts
                              AE85=sr5
                              Not in america.

AE86=SR5
                              AE88=GTS

Also, In the next week. I will be converting this car to GTS spec. I am in the process of buying 2 GTS donor cars, and this car will be GTS spec mechanically. The interiors and exteriors are beat.. and the over all look of my SR5 is good enough. Sleeper style.

Tvis will be removed, head milled, 3 angle valve job, intake, exhaust, lsd rear end (possibly). Finally.

** this car is no longer for sale unless, Someone entices me with a $ figure.** Contact me at skyz_22@msn.com

Comment

Working...
                              X