1990 Mazda RX-7 series 5 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Mazda RX-7 series 5 for sale

This RX-7 is awesome! It has the special rotory engine that only came in the Series 5. It has leather seats, adjustable suspinsion, power everything, power moonroof, free flow exhaust and a new k&N. It drives great and the engine is strong. Unfortunately the previous owner took out the carpet. HE THOUGHT he would turn it into a Drift car. I am asking 3500 but make me an offer and I may take it.

aceworksmotorsports@yahoo.com
    317-818-9153
    Attached Files

too bad its not turbo....

Comment

more pics please

Comment

HAHAHA I was just about to copy this into your thread about wanting an N/A 7. How odd.

Comment

http://msnusers.com/HarlemanFamilyFr...nw?albumlist=2

for pics go here

Comment

so what's so special about the the motor? Being a gxl it came with an n/a 6-port that has 160hp stock.
            Last edited by theflatlander; 10-16-2004, 12:51 AM.

Comment

.... you want 3500 for this gxl? thats a lil high dude, no interior and broken taillight?

Comment

.... you want 3500 for this gxl? thats a lil high dude, no interior and broken tailli

Actually, even if you remove the man hours and labor from the HIGH bluebook value of a '90 GXL which is 5450, and even with a broken taillight, so long as the body isnt damaged at all and everything works, I would estimate its value somewhere around 4500+. That is including replacing the carpet...which ISNT to say that the interior has been gutted..an interior is way more than JUST carpet. If I had the money I would buy his car. I would have to come look at it first, but yeah...He's asking a fair price. as for turbo...those are merely bolton...regardless of wether it is stock or not. Peace!!

Comment

Series 5??

However as an addendum to my last post, I must say that selling that car asa suposed "series5" may be tricky. I personally have never EVER heard of an RX-7 in any generation called a series 5. And as for a special motor, it is possible that they played with the porting at the factory on that particular models rotory and THAT may be what is called a series 5..the Rotory. Otherwise, the only model listed on the highend, unless it is a turbo is a GXL. No Series5 listed. The same thing happened to the 1980FB 12A. It hada rotory from the factory that you couldnt use other years parts on, cuz it was "unique". Peace!

Comment

Re: Series 5??

Originally posted by TougeTora
                    However as an addendum to my last post, I must say that selling that car asa suposed "series5" may be tricky. I personally have never EVER heard of an RX-7 in any generation called a series 5. And as for a special motor, it is possible that they played with the porting at the factory on that particular models rotory and THAT may be what is called a series 5..the Rotory. Otherwise, the only model listed on the highend, unless it is a turbo is a GXL. No Series5 listed. The same thing happened to the 1980FB 12A. It hada rotory from the factory that you couldnt use other years parts on, cuz it was "unique". Peace!
                    Series 1-1979-1980 sa22
                    Series 2-1981-1983 sa22
                    Series 3-1984-1985 fb3s
                    Series 4-1986-1988 fc3s
                    Series 5-1989-1991 fc3s
                    Series 6-1992and up fd3s
                    and the gxl model doesn't come with a special motor, it comes with all the luxury items, power windows,locks,a/c,tilting steering column, leather wrapped steering wheel,cruise control,6 speaker sound system w/ optional cd player,power sunroof, and auto adjust suspension

Comment

and the gxl model doesn't come with a special motor, it comes with all the luxury ite

I wasnt aware that they had a "by the years" method for identifying the RX-7s ASIDE from the typical bodystyle "generation" method. However, there seems to be a pretty simple case of NOT reading the ENTIRETY of a statement, resulting in a lack of understanding. I never said that a GXL had a special motor. Mazda however, has been known to throw an oddball in the batch once in awhile. I understand that when it comes to RX-7s, the GXL is at the top of the heap when it comes to all the 'goodies'. I also know that as a standard there isn't anything "special" about their rotory. It was the "series5" that threw me off. Now that I understand what someone would mean by series5, I now know that it has nothing to do with the rotory. As for the rest, He could have a "different" rotory in that thing then had come in the year before or after, as it has happened before at least once, the 1980 RX-7 being the vehicle of point.
                      Peace

Comment

uhm the series four had about 140flywheel hp amd the series 5 about 160 flywheel hp, thats what he meant by "special". back to topic how many miles is on the car? and does the a/c work? thank you i am interested,

Comment

Everything on the car does work. IT has 101, 200 miles on it but the engine is very strong.

To clear up misinformation. The series 4 had only 4 ports on the engine where as the series 5 had 6. The 5th and 6th ports have butterflies on them and open when you get to a certain RPM. Very few 6 ports were made in the FC. Most FC's came with the 4 port engine. So yes it is a special motor.

THis car is a lot of fun and drives great. No One would be sorry to buy this. IF you think the price is too high make an offer. No reasonable offer refused!

Comment

4 port versus 6

thanks for the clarification and that should help the other gear head involved in this discussion thread understand that Mazda has ALWAYS had a bad habit (which usually becomes beneficial but not always to the buyer) of "screwing around" with the rotory design throughout its lengthy production and not all rotorys are physically the same, though their principles of operation have never changed. In regard to the price, if you had read my first post, I actually stated that I think your price, even with out carpet is nearly $1000 too low. But hey...Ya might get a bidding war. Good Luck! Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Harleman
                              Everything on the car does work. IT has 101, 200 miles on it but the engine is very strong.

To clear up misinformation. The series 4 had only 4 ports on the engine where as the series 5 had 6. The 5th and 6th ports have butterflies on them and open when you get to a certain RPM. Very few 6 ports were made in the FC. Most FC's came with the 4 port engine. So yes it is a special motor.

THis car is a lot of fun and drives great. No One would be sorry to buy this. IF you think the price is too high make an offer. No reasonable offer refused!
                              umm sorry but all n/a FCs came with a 6 port motor the turbo has a 4 port. the differences between the series 4 and series 5 motor are 1: s4 has 9.4:1 compression where as s5 has 9.7:1 plus the s5 rotors are almost a pound lighter, the s5 motor came with better baerings and harder stationary gears, i think the dowel pins are located differently on the s5 which made the block stonger where as the s4 motor has been know to crack along the oil pedestal. the 5th a 6th ports are activated via air pump on the s5 where as they are activated by back pressure on the s4, also they're not butterflys that open they're sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                              X