For Sale: 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R WideBody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R WideBody

Red 1988 mitsubishi starion 5 speed. ESI-R model. 2.6L turbo engine. front mount intercooler, cdplayer, new speakers, fog lights (the blue ones) Limited slip differential (LSD) 4 wheel independant suspension. top speed of just over 150. perfect drift car. for pictures go here http://members.cox.net/b_walters/personal/car.htm.

interested?leave me an email hachiroku_36@yahoo.com i check it every day or two. i am looking for about $3500 if cash i might be able to make a deal. it has one or two small things broken. the power steering leaks (one of the lines) so it gets the engine bay all dirty. it needs some o-rings for the injectors (on the top) and it needs a new catalytic converter. probably only a couple hundred dollars total. anyway, it's a GREAT drift car, i used to drift it, but i am more into road racing now and have a datsun 510. SOOoooo if you want a great opportunity to get a really unique car that NOBODY else has, that has a lot of potential and gets all the girls to look at you, here you go. if you want a video of me doing a drift in it to show you it's potential, let me know. i will post a link. anyway, other than that, aren't you sick of all the corollas out there? show them what's up!!! i had a corolla, so don't think i'm a hater! i just have moved on, it's a good STARTING drift car, but you will realize eventually that you can't make that much opwer and the lightness of the car just can't make up for it unless you strip it completely, then what fun is it to drive? got questions about the car? want other pictures, email me. Peace. Oh yes, car is located in:

ORANGE COUNTY, CA

little OT but do you know of any good starion forums?

Comment

don't know what OT is, but yeah, i know of a lot of them. just type starion conquest forums in google. anyway, i just need to get rid of this car, it's taking up space/money that could be going to my datsun!!!

P.S. you can drift any RWD car, LOL

Oh yeah! buy this car! you can be just like that guy in intital d that has a starion

Comment

i really need to get rid of this car by nov 1st or atleast the 1st week of november. if you have $2500 cash i will take it.

more info? Call (562)449-9458.

if i don't pick up just leave a message. the song on the voicemail isn't more than 1 minute long.

Comment

Page with the pictures isn't working....

Comment

http://members.cox.net/b_walters click the car links until you end up looking at my car. i checked, guess it doesn't like linking to the page... weird. thanks for letting me know.

Comment

There was a guy in initial D with a starion? Really?

You said the Starion doesn't produce enough power? Haha, I guess you never researched much. My old starion was dyno'd at 269hp@6K rpm's, with a racetep cam, 16g turbo (@9lbs psi), and other mods that i'm to lazy to list. These cars have ALOT of potential if you're willing to research and find parts for it. Although this car is heavy, it has the capability to lay down ALOT of low end torque.

Starion DoriftooO

You should keep the Starion and do some research at Top End Performances website. If you have your starion on November 14th, come out to the starquest.com club meet at Super Autobacs in Orange County/Cerritos. You'll meet alot of guys who can help you out with the car to get some significant horsepower gains which will suffice for the tank-like weight.
              Last edited by general ganja; 11-02-2004, 01:06 AM.

Comment

??? i don't recall ever saying the starion didn't have potential. i like the car a lot, if you read the post correctly, you would have read that i AM SELLING THE CAR TO FIX UP MY DATSUN 510. i said the corolla (AE86, TRUENO, whatever) doesn't have much potential and that it was a beginners drift car.

Comment

by the way, Top End Performance (aka TEP) or what you call racetep is a horrible place to get parts, they rip everyone off and have cost a lot of people a lot of money because they installed faulty parts, or stock parts that they said were performance parts. go to www.starquestclub.com and do a little research of your own, i've done mine.

Comment

Haha, I am a member of starquestclub.com ( I think I mistyped my previous url). Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I don't know how you can get rid of such a nostalgic car! Sell out! JK!. Anywho, I've never had much trouble with top end's stuff, and I also can get 30% discount from them (if you ever need anything given that you change your mind about keeping the car) since I've been friend's with Tony Waldrop from San Diego starions since 1996.

This quote gave me some indication that you underestimated the starion.

but you will realize eventually that you can't make that much opwer
                    I misread it, I thought you were talking about the Starion, not the Rolla.

Hey, post up some vids of your starquest sideways. I'm curious to see your skills in the starion tank. Peace

Sorry for the misinterpretation of your initial post.

Comment

I've been meaning to. i wasn't trying to be a jerk, just don't particularly like TEP and KDM can get you anything they can cheaper, quicker and he knows EXACTLY what he is talking about. I don't have any videos drifting the starion, but i have been meaning to take a short one so i can post it here and show the drift potential. it's an extremely easy car to get sideways because of the weight balance and torque. (I do plan on getting another one someday, when i can put more money into it) but currently i don't have the funds to have 2 cars that are both "projects" and the datsun doesn't need to be smogged, so surprise, i opted to keep the datsun. anyway. I am STILL looking to sell this car. can't believe nobody has posted asking about it or anything. Huh. atleast there is 1 person on this board who knows about the starion (initial D thing was what i have been told BTW, i don't watch initial D as it warps your mind into believing things like downshifting to drift, etc which ultimately lead to spun bearings and broken rear ends) so yeah, i think this weekend i will drift it, post a video, and then maybe someone will want to buy it. i'm not even asking very much when you consider the car. there were only 100,000 shipped to the US in 88. consider how long ago that was, add bad drivers into the equation and there are probably 1/2 that still running. this is a truly unique car. Peace.

Comment

Would you happen to have any additional parts to sell? I'm currently in need of a good vacuum advance as my Starion is bucking and hesistating like crazy. I don't really want to pay 60-70 bucks for a new one, so hopefully you have one laying around somewhere. And if you have any other extra parts, go ahead and list them, and I'd be happy to buy them from you.

BTW: There is a starquest meet this coming Sunday at superautobacs, maybe you can roll by and see if the starquest guys are interested in buying your car- better off giving it to someone who knows about the car.

Best of Luck

Here's an old school ad that my gain interest. The Starion/conquest blowing the doors off of the RX7 and 300zx

Comment

yeah, people think old cars can't handle and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. this car handles better than most "sports" cars in 2004, lol. it's faster than a porsche boxster S too, then again, those things are *Censored**Censored**Censored*. these things are fast and can handle SO well, it's something you have to feel to understand. Anyway, i will go to the meet, what time is it at? Actually, i will call kelly, nm. Wait, i am going to drive my datsun 510, but i will have me mom drive the starion or something. Later,

Comment

Hey to the board! Kudos for drifting a starion... theyre heavy and RWD so thats good, but the neg camber and 8 or 9" wide tires in da rear along with the LSD make it resist a bit much tho. It is pretty wide too, longer wheelbases and narrower cars are easier... hence the sucess of the sylvia. I've thought of trying one in drift sessions. Anyhow if road racing is your true passion you are making a huge mistake getting rid of it tho. As a long time enthusiast I've known a few guys even in recent years that have done quite well in scca road race events with a Star/Quest. Don't forget, or maybe you didn't know, but the starion was the SCCA showroom stock all around champ every single year of it's production save '87 when the newly re-vamped 300ZX was finally able to knock it off and they finished within 3 points of eachother. Mitsu tweeked the engine and took first place back in 88 and 89, a nearly perfect run from 1983 till production ended in 89. Defeated the 300ZX(n.a. then the turbo too), BMW M3, Audi Fox, RX-7 N.A. and turbo, and the Celica GTS. I personally am looking for a quest now to build into a track eater for local SCCA soloII events. SO if you havent sold it and I havent talked you out of selling it I would be interested. Where'd you say you're located?

Comment

ok straight up, i love the starion. i wanted to get rid of it. my friend has a GT25R turbo for sale. i decided not to sell it unless it's for a good price ot someone who knows about turbo car maintenance. i just dropped some cash on it so i am not sure i even WANT to get rid of it. if you are serious (don't waste my time) then feel free to give me a call. i hardly EVER come here. i am not some stupid forum kid. i actually drift and compete in rallies. i was in one last sunday (non-sanctioned event) and got 4th place. anyway, point being. i am willing to sell it if the price is right, but my current plans include rebuilding the engine and bolting on a GT25R witha a power fc fuel controller. i bet you *Censored**Censored**Censored*s will be banging down my door then to buy it when it's 400+HP at the wheels. stupid people don't realize potential, they want a fast car for a cheap price and are unwilling to put work into it. don't flame me because i'm not even coming back here. this is like drifting in america, wrong. you people remind me of D1 and initial D and why i hate them both.

Comment

Working...
                              X