350Z E-brake dosn't lock the rear tires very well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350Z E-brake dosn't lock the rear tires very well

had any 350z drifter had problem with it??????

My friend doesnt' seem to have a problem with it what are you doing when your pulling the e brake and how hard are you pulling it?

Comment

haha damm comp put 2 post..

Comment

Never tried a 305z's e-brake.

Comment

Might be obvious; but make sure u got the clutch in..

Comment

Well, it depends on if it worked and then suddenly stopped working (usually a sign of failure) or if it didn't work from day one.

Comment

Why are you pulling the e-brake on a 350Z? You shouldn't almost ever have to do that. Clutch-kicks, feint motions, and braking drifts works much much much better then trying to lock the rears on a 3,600lb car with the tiny drum brakes.

The only time I ever have to use the e-brake in the Z is during really high speed loooong cornering in the rain, and there is a strong understeer.

If your really set on trying to increase the strenght of the rear drum brakes, there are instructions and links on www.my350z.com for how to do it, and ProjectMu makes rear drum shoes for the Z33 that are supposed to offer much greater bite....haven't tried them myself because like I said, I never use it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

errrr 350z's have drum brakes?......

Comment

Originally posted by dae
                  errrr 350z's have drum brakes?......
                  Probably for the ebrake ?

Comment

Correct...it's one of those fancy drum / disc combo units in the rear. Using the E-Brake only engages the WEAK drum brakes.

Comment

oh thats strange..... what a ripoff ;/

Comment

Wow, learned something new. Now you know why it sucks(the ebrake).

Comment

Originally posted by ALI
                          Correct...it's one of those fancy drum / disc combo units in the rear. Using the E-Brake only engages the WEAK drum brakes.
                          its not exactly fancy, its used on almost everything nowdays. kinda sucks, ther has to be a way to connect the ebrake lever to the real rear disk brakes....

Comment

300ZX rear conversion fixes that easily.

Comment

Actually the inner rear drum part of the 350z brake is very useful. You can adjust the inner drum contact and lock up by setting the tension on the shoes. And also setting the tension on the cable. which you get to by removing i think the ashtry in the center console. (my consoles gone but one of those things pops out and there is a 10mm nut) and after you get the handbrake set to your liking. you can use it to modulate the lockup of the rear tires. when entering at super high speed in drift, you can ease on the brake pedal to slow it down, and use the handbrake to control your angle.

but yes, most 350z rear drums need to be adjusted. lots of people have problems with their cars rolling when parked with the handbrake set. so, after you fix that, learn how to use the brake and handbrake in high speed tight entries to slow the car down, and not changing your angle.

there are also aftermarket inner drum shoes that you can buy from project mu. they grip much harder than stock.
                              www.chrisforsberg.com
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              www.nosdrift.com
                              www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X