350Z E-brake dosn't lock the rear tires very well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topics II
    Actually the inner rear drum part of the 350z brake is very useful. You can adjust the inner drum contact and lock up by setting the tension on the shoes. And also setting the tension on the cable. which you get to by removing i think the ashtry in the center console. (my consoles gone but one of those things pops out and there is a 10mm nut) and after you get the handbrake set to your liking. you can use it to modulate the lockup of the rear tires. when entering at super high speed in drift, you can ease on the brake pedal to slow it down, and use the handbrake to control your angle.

but yes, most 350z rear drums need to be adjusted. lots of people have problems with their cars rolling when parked with the handbrake set. so, after you fix that, learn how to use the brake and handbrake in high speed tight entries to slow the car down, and not changing your angle.

there are also aftermarket inner drum shoes that you can buy from project mu. they grip much harder than stock.
    yeah, the PM pads are a low-temp instant-lockup compound that makes a huge difference; I noticed right away on a customers car.

Comment

Or you could just swap it into a hydraulic handbrake... Which is fun too.

Comment

i prefer the inner drum. everyone has their own opinion, but the inner drum definately locks up great and fast.
        www.chrisforsberg.com
        www.driftalliance.com
        www.nosdrift.com
        www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

dont hark on drums,my moms car e-slides just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X