What series should I enter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What series should I enter?

I'm currently looking through my options for the 2004 season, and as drifting in Norway is still in an early stage I'm considering to compete in US as well if the budget allow it. My question is: which series are looking to be the best one to enter?

PS. My team mate might enter as well if we decide that this is right for us

No suggestions?

Comment

Well, there are two significant series... Formula Drift, and USDrift, and no reason you couldn't run both of them.

Formula D is 4 events, 2 out west in Cali, 1 in Texas, 1 on the east Coast in Georgia. It will have more regimented safety requirements (likely at least a rollbar, probably a cage, since it's sanctioned by SCCA Pro Racing). No word yet on fees, point structure, or prizes.

USdrift is 9 events, and just as spread out. USDrift will have other events besides the competitions, fun/practice days, schools, etc. Car needs no special equipment, just a helmet, and entry fees are likely minimal (they were last year). First place at each event wins $500, the Championship is $5000 (+ 5k contingency by Yoko). Entry in any one event qualifies you for the Las Vegas final.

Neither has released full details yet on entry fees, prizes, event structure and so on. GET CRACKING GUYS, THE SEASON STARTS SOON!!!

-Tony
      Last edited by foilman; 01-11-2004, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much for useful information

Comment

US Drift has a lot of events on the East coast. Formula D is gunna have a meet in TX??? When?

Comment

Wow that sounds like a good time. Man I need to get a drift-car and start practicing soon.

Hey, hachiroku-fc3s, you're a DFW TX boy, where can I get a used drifter for under $2000?

Lake Worth downhill, whoo!
            - Nathan

Comment

Come on guys, there is an events link on every page of this website.

-Tony

Comment

I noticed none of you mentioned the WDC ?

any reason for this ?

Comment

Hardluck, you asked me a question and then dont check your pms for days??? What are you thinkin

Comment

Go to D1 grand prix. That's were alot of the japanese drifter went.

Comment

is there a USDrift comp in CO?

Comment

Formula D
                        D1
                        WDC
                        ...and more to come

soon it's going to be like *Censored**Censored**Censored* I mean drag racing

Comment

Working...
                        X