Hey, I'm new to the drifting scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm new to the drifting scene

Hi, My name's Luke, I'm 17 and I live in Australia. I've only just got my Provisional License so I'm new to the whole drifting and racing scene. I've got a 2000 Nissan Maxima ST. Unfortunately it's front wheel drive so my drifting is limited more to one corner at a time with use of the side break (more like powersliding). There's a 1/4 mile strip round the corner of my house so I'm getting into dragging but I still prefer drift. I'm saving up for a 1993 Toyota Supra Turbo as it has always been my dream car but for the time being I might try and get my hands on a FC3S RX-7 as they are great for difting (and cheap). Anyway does anyone have any recommendations for a new, young drifter

stay safe. Use common sense.

Comment

Go with the FC over the Supra. LOT cheaper, cheaper parts, cheaper everything and just plain cheaper.

Also learn grip first. Learn the basics of the car, that way you will be confortable behind the wheel so that when you first lose that rear end you won't get all freaky.

Comment

GO WITH THE FC
        and learn how to repair your car when the rotary breaks down.

Comment

Originally posted by nutterbutter
          and learn how to repair your car when the rotary breaks down.
          no faith with Rotary huh?

well its up to the owner of a rotary engine. If you know how to maintain her. She'll treat you right.

Comment

out of say 15 - 20 people I know with FCs/FDs every single one of them who has modded it some has had major problems some even blew motors.

when your rotary is running better than it EVER has before.. its about to BLOOOWWW

yea sweet cars I love the FDs personally.. but modded they are very difficult to control

Comment

Maybe an older Holden Monaro?
              If you plan to drift a big car like a 93 Supra, start on something cheaper like a Monaro to get a feel for the heavy cars. IIRC, the Monaro has had strut suspension since the 60's.

You might feel more comfortable in a smaller car like the Commodore though. I'm sure that you could find a good condition Commodore for about the same as what you could sell your Maxima for.

If you want to stay Import then look at some Skyline GTS's and Silvia's.

Good to see drifters worldwide!

-MR

Comment

Thanks for your recommendations guys. You've been alot of help

Comment

Welcome to our world.

Comment

Working...
                  X