"Spin" the wheel or "turn" the wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Spin" the wheel or "turn" the wheel?

I'm just curious as to what kind of steering techniques you guys use when drifting. Do you give the wheel a push in the direction you want it to go and let the caster do the rest, or do you like to turn the wheel entirely with your hands?

Personally, I find it depends on the steepness of my drift. If I feel the tail start to come out quick I just toss the wheel and let the caster take it. But if my angle's not too wild I'll use my hands the whole way.

B-Wurm

i keep my hands on the wheel and just help it or stop it according to the angle

Comment

i let it go and use my hands to turn it in the direction.

Comment

generaly i let my hand to the work but if its wipping really fast then i let it fly

Comment

I barely touch the wheel.

Comment

i generally let it go in small incriments, to make sure i dont over correct. i try to "guide" the wheel as far as i think it should go

Comment

Originally posted by drftrconspracy
              i generally let it go in small incriments, to make sure i dont over correct. i try to "guide" the wheel as far as i think it should go
              I aggree with him.

Comment

I let the steering wheel "autocorrect" in a drift, but I've started to grab the wheel just before it's all the way corrected to extend/smoothen my drifts

Comment

depends if both hands are in the car or not....

wow, i cant beleive i just made a post that
                  H0M0 -erotic

Comment

I more let it spin, but it does depend a bit on the corner and whatnot.

Comment

I let it spin, especially for linking turns, but I'll give it a toss one way and let it spin until its just short of where I want it to be, and then turn it the rest of the way myself. Gives more control and helps to combat the pendulum-spin effect. I also tend to cup my hands ont he wheel to slow the spin for turns where the tail comes out gradually. Kinda depends on the technique used to initiate the drift.

Comment

Originally posted by 240LoVeR
                        generaly i let my hand to the work but if its wipping really fast then i let it fly
                        im sorry that just made me laugh.

Comment

hahah that is pretty funny

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                            I more let it spin, but it does depend a bit on the corner and whatnot.
                            ahah parry your avatars gonna give himself a freakin hernia if he doesnt settle down.

but ya i agree it depends on the corner, the steering characteristics are very different between a gentle curved sweeper compared to a tight *Censored**Censored**Censored* U

Comment

HAAHAHAHA sry bout that now that i re-read that i really shoulda put it a diff. way haha wow i cant believe i put that on here

Comment

Working...
                              X