Video of me drifting, Hawaii DRIFTSESSION 12/20/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of me drifting, Hawaii DRIFTSESSION 12/20/03

I finally got one of my videos online. This is me driving my friends Red S13 240sx notch. This car is pretty much stock, stock SOHC KA, only has ST sway bars, AGX's, and B+G springs, no LSD. I ended up using this car this DriftSession 12/20 because I crashed my car like an hour after the event started.
    Well a description of the video: I'm approaching the chicane section of the track, speed about top of third gear (this part of the road is tight, only 2 1/4 car lengths wide. after the chicane comes a really tight off camber turn. The distance between the chicane and the off camber is pretty far approx 60-70 feet?, so thats the reason for the initial 3rd gear approach. Anyway, just watch the video!

Hey if my bandwidth goes out, will anyone be willing to host it?
    Thanks

Heres the video: right click save as please!

http://hometown.aol.com/borodori/myh...ooffcamber.wmv
    By the way, for any Hawaii peeps on this board, this is Denny from DriftSession

Cool. looks pretty good. Seems like its underpowered though. maybe its just that you have no lsd in that car.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
      Cool. looks pretty good. Seems like its underpowered though. maybe its just that you have no lsd in that car.
      Yeah, the exit speed at the off camber came off a slow. MY CAR has an LSD, so I could tell the difference bettween the NON-LSD 240sx that I as driving (the one in the video).

Comment

YOURE MY HERO!

damn i have AGX's and H&R on my s14 and also run open diff, but seeing that makes me really want a swaybar. i do have diff on the way though. god i need a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing rear sway. and i wanna get on a track like that, too

Comment

Good stuff Denny!! I dont know why you would say he is underpowered. If you can connect the chicane and the off camber then you are MOVIN!! Just goes to show that a KA is more than enough to kick it loose. Nice drifting!!

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
            Good stuff Denny!! I dont know why you would say he is underpowered. If you can connect the chicane and the off camber then you are MOVIN!! Just goes to show that a KA is more than enough to kick it loose. Nice drifting!!
            Thanks for the comments!

-Thats true, its shows that power isnt needed. SR's SUCK, hahah!
            Last edited by borodori; 12-22-2003, 02:22 AM.

Comment

^ How exactly do these drift session things work? I've been thinking of taking the Volvo down and tearing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up...or twisting my frame, one or the other. I've looked at the drift session web site and it doesn't really say anything about whether or not I'd be allowed to field a stock wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by VRDjr
                ^ How exactly do these drift session things work? I've been thinking of taking the Volvo down and tearing *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up...or twisting my frame, one or the other. I've looked at the drift session web site and it doesn't really say anything about whether or not I'd be allowed to field a stock wagon.
                YOU CAN TAKE ANY CAR TO DRIFT SESSION. There's no STRICT rules on what kind of car you can use. I REMEMBER SOMEONE BROUGHT A TRUCK. As long as the car doesn't literally fall apart, then its okay.

Comment

yeah KA's are the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, SR=little *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*got engine

ok SR's are cool too but why would i swap my motor for less displacement? my output to the wheels is probably close to that of stock SR, and can definitely have more. and turbo KA whoops DET sr's *Censored**Censored**Censored* any day of the week

if im gonna do a motor swap its for more displacement

Comment

i think the reason most people swap sr is because stock, the turbo makes more hp than the ka. but as far as drifting goes, i like the ka. it is iron, so tougher, and has plenty of power. plus the n/a provides an even powerband, no kicking in of boost mid drift....lol. i have ka34de with agx struts, 5 zigen springs, stut bars that are soon to be swapped out for JIC Magic cf ones, and larger sway bars. oh, i have open diff too, and it still slides like a muther focker.

Comment

FLAME SHIELD!!!

correction and flame shield:

i have a ka24de, not 34. sorry for the mistake

Comment

Working...
                      X