Good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea?

I've got an old pickup and am selling it. I'll have 6 grand. I want to get a 240sx for dirt cheap and go to a junkyard and find a porche engine to replace the stock one. Good idea?

Nup

Put in one of these:

SR20DET
    CA18DET
    13BT
    RB20DET

Comment

To put a porsche engine into a 240sx? to be blunt, no.

Comment

yea get a 240 for 3000 and then swap for a sr20det for 3000 and have a fun time and i don't think the porche motor will fit becasue it is a MR(mid eggine rwd or mentaly retarded) car not like the 240 which is FR.

Comment

I'm usually all about wierd swaps, but I say don't waste your time.
          You could build a nicer car with good suspension and the KA24 engine by the time you got it all figured out.

Comment

I wish my junkyard had porsches.....

Comment

i have a porsche 944 and beleive me the amount of money that you will spend on a porsche motor is astronomical if you are planning on tuning it or just making repairs. Go with the sr20 its got a turbo its cheap and easily upgraded. Plus theirs tons of ionfo out their for the swap. If you want a porsche get a 944 turbo. They can be had for about 6000 if found at a good price and have like 230 hp. They are very light have 50/50 weight distribution and most come with an lsd. I have a 944na and thats great for going sideways and its got only 160hp.

Comment

Originally posted by sivart33
                yea get a 240 for 3000 and then swap for a sr20det for 3000 and have a fun time and i don't think the porche motor will fit becasue it is a MR(mid eggine rwd or mentaly retarded) car not like the 240 which is FR.
                Alot of porsches namely the 944 are FR not MR or RR as newer 911s/Boxsters, and MR are some of the best handling cars in the world, just for drifting it makes your cars a$$ heavy as hell, so your car is more likely to spin out in a drift

Comment

you will need the whole drive train, unless you are abble to come up with a custom bellhousing, custom flywheel, custom clutch, ect. the FR porsches like the 944 or 928 used a trans axle to achive the 50/50 weight distribution. ie the transmission is in the back of the car.

I have known people who put SR20s in the 924/944 porsches, might look into that

Comment

thanks im looking to keep it na so i was asking some of my friends and got a recomendation so thanks hes usaully messin with american cars and i can't stand him for it so suggesting this post was his way of getting back at me.

P.S. thanks for not flaming

Comment

Working...
                    X