fav technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fav technique

whats is all your guys' favorite technique for touge battle/comp drifting?

btw...i think this forum needed a new topic that isnt so, how should i say, flamed up........so heres one

RE:

I don't exactly have a technique that I would call my favorite. Touge, hmm...

Well, drift-wise, you'll see me do more braking drifts than anything else.

Otherwise, I still get a rush from heal-toe downshifting into corners. Good feeling.

Comment

Feint, that's where it's at. Everybody knows that.

Comment

shift lock / fient combo. That or either one

Comment

i like a feint by itself or combined with a clutch kick or side brake. I haven't tried braking drifts.

Comment

For Touge.. I dont drift I think because there's not enough road here to make you drift in a touge run.

For drifting competition.. Feint and sidebrake but if entering a turn at slower speed, use power over... he he.. my car doesn't have alot of power, but it can do a power over. E-brake, Always a good thing to save your drift

Comment

i use a combo of a lot of styles...depends on the corner..

Comment

Me, drift? hmmm...

My car (Datsun Z) is my daily driver, and my hobby and passion among other things, so I try not to send the rev's into the red much, just for the car's sake. If I do get the urge to go sideways, I usually try at lower speeds, just to be safe(er). Keep in mind i still try to hold the slide as long as possible. This is usually done by going: turn out (away from turn), accel-off, turn in, press throttle, countersteer, feather throttle, countersteer, etc. If anyone has any tips, or wants to tell me what I'm doing wrong, please do, but tell me how to remedy it, please don't just bash, because I'm curious for more info. One of these days maybe I'll find a nice, open turn all to myself, and then I'll try at a higher speed. Maybe im a pu$$y for thinking this, but I can't really afford a new engine if the one i have now goes south. Don't get me wrong though, im as enthused as anyone about looking forward through my side window, hehe.

Comment

PennyMan, ur basically doing a feint drift. Ur car must b awesome. =] What kind of stuff have u done with it ?

Comment

My car

Well, because It's a relatively older car (1976 Datsun 280Z), I have had to do mostly restoration work to it. Hmm, I've had to get 3 U-joints replaced, new driveshaft, clutch, tires, brake booster, water pump, thermostat, battery, starter, seats (one's a corbeau racing bucket), I re-did the floorpans (cause they were rusting out), some auto body work, new paint ("balboa" blue, single stage), carpet, a relatively small alpine stereo system, H4 conversion headlights, and a nice little intake on the front of the car. I plan on doing suspension upgrades when I get a chance, swaybars first, and then maybe strut tower braces. The car is far from perfect, nor a rocket like some of your guys' cars, but it is a respectable daily driver, and nice to look at. If you'd like to know anything else, I'd be happy to share. I am flattered by your curiosity, keep it up, heehee.

Comment

Wow sounds nice, is it easy to find stock parts to restore one of those? Also do u have any pics besides the one in ur avatar. For sum reason recently i really started to like old Z's. Have u seen the Flat black one on www.davescholz.com i love that haha

Comment

My avatar isnt exactly my car, but one that looks like mine, btw. The Z isn't too hard to fix, and parts are not to hard to find. There is a company called Motorsport Auto that has a huge amount of Z parts and accesories, check them out at zcarparts.com. They've helped me out more than once, hehe. Nissan also devised a way of building their cars with similar bolt patterns and and such, so it's possible to find parts off of newer Z's, like LSD's that will bolt right in to the older cars. Also, check out classiczcars.com for a huge amount of pictures and info. I'm glad to do my best to help, and please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.
                        Attached Files

Comment

either braking or feint, depending on the radius. i prefer braking tho.

Comment

E brake / faint / clutching / anything that will work in accordance with the corner and possible corner after that one.
                            as stated above

Comment

cool i never heard of feint is it pronounced faint?

i also love the clutch kick, i would think a feint combination with a clutch kick would be awsome as the e-brake

Comment

Working...
                              X