e-brake mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-brake mods?

Given that use of the e-brake is one of the primary drifting techniques the e-brake system is bound to be stressed and worn. What mods or maintenence are some of you using to keep it working right? I know pro rally cars use hydraulic e-brakes- has anyone gone that far? What other mods can be used to beef up the system? I frequenty drive in reverse to tighten up the cable tensioner but that's about it. Any ideas?

make new cables? I adjust mine pretty frequently. Make a knob so it won't stay up by accident.

Comment

well, the ebrake on my FC is not exactly the technology of tomorrow...a lever that pulls a series of cables that clamp the rear brakes. So outside of making sure my rear brakes are properly maintained (pads, fluid, rotors) there's not much else I do. Unless you are really man-handling the handle the cable and hardware is pretty hearty and shouldn't need much checking. If it appears to have stretched a bit then maybe some tension would be needed.

Comment

If you plan on only using the E-brake... then go ahead...

You can, Add a spin turn knob,(makes the lever not lock in place so you can use if quicker)... or add heavy duty cables...

the ebrake is supposed to be used just to initaite the drift and correct it... you shouldnt need to pull that hard in the frist place... just enough the lock the rear wheels then let off so they can spin...

Comment

I guess it works like it is -- it’s just that most of the cars I've driven don't exactly lock-up with a little tug of the lever- its more like tug-stretch-grind-a little slower. Maybe I just need to make certain the rear pads have enough bite to get it done. I've noticed that endless makes some maga$$ pads that are designed to provide enough grip to do just that but I'm sure that’s not necessary.

Comment

How would you go upon getting bigger cables for it? also I had this problem when nuetral wasnt in gaged then I realized after a few times trying it. the wheels need to be free of tq

Comment

Uhh, just don't use the e-brake, go for mroe skilled drifting...

Comment

clutch kick better and break lose, thats what I always do when I think about using the E

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Fire
                  Uhh, just don't use the e-brake, go for mroe skilled drifting...
                  ya thats how i feel, i think the ebrake is kinda cheating, using feinting and clutch kick takes more skill.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                    ya thats how i feel, i think the ebrake is kinda cheating, using feinting and clutch kick takes more skill.
                    Yea, don't use the ebrake, even though a lot of the D1 drivers
                    (and then some) have used it.

Oh noes!!!1, they're cheating.

Comment

u fools it is not cheating damn sometimes it is needed.

Comment

LMAO u guys are idiots.. "Using the e-brake is cheating." I guess the drift king cheats then, he also tells u to learn drifting by cheating ????? hmmmmmmmmm

Comment

I never said its cheating hell it works a lot of the times, but still I mean it is a way to help reduce wear on your clutch I guess, and yea it is very useful in some cases...

Comment

Maybe some one should tell the D1 drivers that there fuking up and that the clutch kick is better. Yea talk about the blind leading the blind.

Comment

some cars cant live w/o it...

as said b4, use of the e-brake is a must in cars with heavy understeer i.e.- S13 coupe/hachiroku (as mentioned by Tsuchiya in "The Drift Bible"). and even the most experienced of drifters utilize it in order to slow down (i.e.- during a high-speed drift) and or correct while they are sideways...

good example of this would be to watch any decent drifting video or option video and pay close attention to the rear wheel(s) while they hit a wide curve/turn drifting... u will notice the rear wheel(s) will lock and release intermittently...

justa tid bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X