e-brake mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
    ya thats how i feel, i think the ebrake is kinda cheating, using feinting and clutch kick takes more skill.

No offense, but everytime I check a new thread I want to cut my belly open.

Comment

I heard they have these new titanium/kevlar cables that don't stretch available at this site...

www.formulacomponents.com

YO! click the link foolio!

Comment

anyone know where i can get a knob for my ebrake with no credit card?

Comment

WTF?^

U mean Dori handles? make you own at home depot, jeez

Comment

Originally posted by nrgdrft
            anyone know where i can get a knob for my ebrake with no credit card?
            Me

Ebrake Mods:

Spin Turn knob
            Stainless line
            Prop. adjusted

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
              No offense, but everytime I check a new thread I want to cut my belly open.

Comment

e-brake mods..lol..dude...omg..lol

Comment

Let me see if I understand the source of both laughter and belly cutting tendencies brought on by my question on e-brake mods. Is it something along the lines of “The e-brake induced drift is a lesser method of drifting and thus time spent improving the mechanics of the e-brake system would have been better spent learning the higher techniques”? Or is it just that the desire to mod every last part of one’s car is too tech geek and not in line with the pure simple joy of just taking a car out and drifting it?

Comment

Of course going to hydraulic e-brake is the best if the e-brake is what you use the most. Using the e-brake is not bad (as some may say), it always depends on how easy you can break traction off the rear of your car. Sometimes, you just don't have much more choice.

Personally, I would probably check for better rear brake pads (given it's a 4 wheel disc brake equipped car) or a proportioning valve. The good thing about the valve is that you can change the brake bias on the fly. You get on the track, put more brake to the rear wheels so you can break the rear tires more easily. After, when you get back on the street, put the bias more on the front tires so you don't slip-and-slide in front of a police car and wreck in someone

Comment

ok im sure alot of you acctualy drift and i know of at least one who doesnt
                      in my opinion those bashing the e-brake have never seriously gone drifting....sliding around in a parking lot is good practice and fun but damn go out and find a tight corner and when your car (my 240 in this case) understreers and almost makes love with a tree see if you dont pull the drift off successfully by yanking the e-brake
                      JUST BECAUSE YOU SIT AROUND AND READ THIS MESSAGE BOARD ALL DAY DOESNT MAKE YOU AN AUTHORITY ON DRIFTING
                      esspecialy if you cant drive

Comment

ebrake lever kit

i have been experimenting w/ a universal ebrake lever replacement.
                        it mounts on your lever. it holds in the button so it wont lock up.
                        adjusts to angle around shifter . made out of rod stock so its beefy.
                        email for directions or well make one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftDisciple
                          Let me see if I understand the source of both laughter and belly cutting tendencies brought on by my question on e-brake mods. Is it something along the lines of “The e-brake induced drift is a lesser method of drifting and thus time spent improving the mechanics of the e-brake system would have been better spent learning the higher techniques”? Or is it just that the desire to mod every last part of one’s car is too tech geek and not in line with the pure simple joy of just taking a car out and drifting it?
                          You may have noticed something here... the first responders to your thread are often the least knowledgeable. Why? Because most (not all!) of the people who spend hours and hours on internet forums every day tend to be keyboard drifters. Oh, sure, they might actually have a "drift" car, but chances are that they have very little experience with actual drifting.

Some people say that e-brake is for beginners, and they'll tell you to learn more advanced techniques. These tend to be the people mentioned above. Ignore them.

The fact is that e-brake has its place. In some cases, it is a good way to initiate, but more often e-brake is useful because it allows you to adjust your angle and your line mid-drift. I'll explain: if you are mid-turn on a fairly long sweeper, and you would like to adjust your line, you can either A) give it more gas, or B) pull the e-brake. Giving it more gas will tighten your line and draw you toward the center of the radius as well as increase speed. Pulling the e-brake will push the rear outward on a tangent to the arc of the original line and tend to reduce speed somewhat. It is an absolutely critical tool in line management mid-drift. For what its worth, if you want to push your whole car outward, learn left-foot braking. Actually, learn it anyway, its great fun.

As far as modifying the e-brake goes, all you really need to do is make sure that the knob stays down (disconnect the spring, or use tape if you have to), keep your cable tight, and run some decent rear pads. Contrary to popular belief, the "spin turn knob" does not keep the button down. Disconnecting the spring keeps the button down. All the spin knob does is allow you to pull the button out and use the ratcheting mechanism when you need it (like parking on a hill).

Comment

Originally posted by Whisky
                            Some people say that e-brake is for beginners, and they'll tell you to learn more advanced techniques. These tend to be the people mentioned above. Ignore them.

The fact is that e-brake has its place. In some cases, it is a good way to initiate, but more often e-brake is useful because it allows you to adjust your angle and your line mid-drift.

Whisky is absolutely right. I use it all the time to adjust. And as stated in previous posts on this thread. All the D1 guys use the E-brake.
                            Last edited by drift240; 03-16-2005, 06:59 AM.

Comment

E-brake mods

Cusco Drift Knob
                              Project µ D1 spec rear brake pads
                              Slotted Rotors
                              Adjust the tention of the e-brake cable to your satisfaction, so it locks up the rear tires at the point where you feel comforable.

Comment

Ill second whisky's post I never use the ebrake to initiate usually use 3 teqniques for that fient, braking, clutch kick or a combination of the 3, But the ebrake is very handy for car control especially on tracks that have walls or mean off road bits when in a spin towards a wall hard on the brakes the ebrake helps alot to slow momentum when the front tires are locked. Also to adjust your line and heck the ebrake is damn fun with a lot of speed to stay on it for days before the corner but not really a well recognized technique but fun none the less and really thats all most people are drifting for anyway maybe 10% or less of U.S. drifters are good enough or even want to go pro most people are doing it for fun so if you have fun on the ebrake then use the ebrake who cares what everyone says about it not being a proper technique for initiation.

Comment

Working...
                                X