does this count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this count?

last night I tried to drift a corner and for some reason the back end didnt slide out the way I wanted it to. the back tires were spinning the whole time and the back end was sliding out but I never had to turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction. I just kept it turned and when I fully finished the corner I put the steering wheel back into its position. The car was oversteering a bit but I never had to truly countersteer it. So does it count?

RE:

I remember when I was starting out, I used to keep the wheels turned toward the corner instead of countersteering like I should have been. You'll find that if you apply more gas/do it faster countersteering will become neccesary. Anyways, if the rear end was out, I guess it was a drift.

Comment

to me it sounds like you just undesteered through the whole corner.

Comment

how could it have been understeer... he said his a$$ end was sliding out and spining.... i geuss if his front end didnt keep traction it would be understeer.

Comment

i don't know what he drives but that sounds like it doesn't have lsd. you know, tires spinnig at full speed and a little bit of slide but really it was just that one tire that was barely touching the ground. if you have lsd then maybe you drifted but it was more like a race drift than a showoff drift. i don't know but anything counts as long as you try.

Comment

no LSD for me. what I drive is in my sig. Z31 = 300zx. I have an 84 which is before they added an LSD.

Comment

He said he kept the wheel into the turn, never counter steering, then he just put the wheel straight again. Are you sure that the back end was sliding, or was it just squeeling? If his back end was sliding out, then he would need to counter steer or he would spin out, or maybe I just don't understand

Comment

oddly enough the back end was sliding out. but before I could countersteer I was already straight with the road and it was able to not slide out any further for some reason. I guess I wasnt going fast enough. But I could definitely feel the back whipping out and at least one tire was spinning.

Comment

Sounds liek either a 1 tire fires or semi power slide type thing. keep practicing. you will find the drifting requires more speed and gas then you may think. I wouldnt; really say that was a drift... sorry.

Get an LSD. I beleive the 30th anavery 300ZX Turbo has an R300 LSD. if you can find one BUY IT.

Comment

what kind of corner was it (i.e. hairpin, arc, 90 degree)?

and how fast were you going?

Comment

90 degree going aout 15-20 mph

Comment

same here

yea i do that too. i really dont have an explanation too except for u were prolly going too slow. that tends to happen to me when im going about 15-20 but once u kick it up to about 25-30 on 90 deg turns countersteering becomes a necessity. it could also be because of the weight of ur car. i have a pretty heavy car but it has good balance. with that kinda setting u can pretty much go sideways through a turn and the car corrects its self with very little countersteer.

Comment

too slow to get sideways. Next time, try 30mph, and feint it. Were you sideways before the turn? You should be counter steering before the turn, and correcting into the turn.

Comment

Working...
                          X