No announcement yet.

$3000 dilemma!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i know its regular v_v... but i like to call em the K's cuz they have the same headlights as the K's..arghghg sounds confussing..but some of you prolly get it..the newer ones had the K's headlights so yea..

Comment

By k's you mean kouki? The "slanted eyes"?

Anyway, With $5,000 i would get a s13 over an s14 and mod it but thats just my personal preferance.I'm sure you can get a nice s14 for 5 grand but it might be a little difficult to find a kouki for 5 grand, you might have to settle for a 95-96 model or save up some more.Depends on where you live.

Comment

Silvia q's has the same headlights as the K's.

Comment

did the kouki come n/a...i thought they only came with sr20dets or ca24det...ca...ka i dont know the difference and i dont really care right now...k's=turbocharged, q's=naturally aspirated...its nothing to do with kouki or zenki...kouki=later model slanted eye s14 (ex 1997) and expensive...zenki= round headlights similar to those of an r33 (ex 1995 and i can only find them in q's in my area but have an aftermarket turbo in them)

Comment

K's = Top of the line, turbo.
            Q's = Top of the line, N/A
            J's = Base model, N/A

Comment

but j's isnt common in japan

Comment

I too started out with $3000. Now I have 9 cars. One of the a BMW Z3 another a S14 and and FC, then some MRs and some FFs. But you probably wouldnt be able to go the route I did. Id go with FC. Im biased. Good luck.

Comment

Ma70 Supra, Miata, Cressida...

Comment

shhhhhhhhh dont tell anyone about the cressida !!! hehe

Comment

Get a 240sx if your limited, alot more parts are coming from Japan to US dealers. Or RX7 if you research some more to fix any cooling problems or any problems when tuning the rotory engine. I myself was about to get a black FD, price was right $9000 had a new engine and tranny. But back then insurance was going to kill me. And my unlcles's FC was about to die so I skipped on buying it. RX7's are almost perfect racing. Light weight and agile.

You just got to know what your doing with tuning on rotorys, in my opinon, their not for a entry level tuner just starting off. Some knowledge must be attain on fixing them up.

Comment

I dont know how you feel about Domestics, but for $3000 - $5000 there are ALOT of possibilities. For my website's Budget Project, I picked up a 1989 IROC-Z Chevy Camaro for $2500. My goal for the project is to build a decent looking, decent performing drift car for under $4000 inc the car. This will include some interior stuff, new paint, minor suspension work, minor engine work, brake system overhaul, and a set of drift wheels. I will be taking it to the Drift Session on Jan 31 so expect some pics and video soon. Dont overlook the domestics man!!

Comment

Working...
                        X