No announcement yet.

!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup...the ka was a truck motor.....i call my 240 a 180sx or an RPS13 cause i call most cars by their chassis code, not the name.....

the one reason you can take the KA higher in boost than the SR is because the SR20DET is an aluminum block, verses a cast iron KA24DE block.......i have no problems making good power with the KA24DE N/A

Comment

does anybody actually know anything!

SR20 and KA24 designate engine families produced by Nissan! The first 4 digits arent really the important ones though. Its the suffix that's important. IE: DE, E, DET, DETT, VET. This is what tels you what kind of a motor it is.

EXAMPLE:KA24DE=japanese made, high nickel castiron, 2.4liter, electronically fuel injected, DOHC, 16 valve, naturally aspirated engine found in 91-98 240SX and Fronteir pickups.
      KA24E= Mexican made, regular castiron, electronically fuel injected, SOHC, 12 valve, engine found in 89-90 240 sx and hardbody pickups.
      SR20DE=aluminum, 2.0 liter, electronically fuel injected, DOHC, 16 valve, naturally aspirated motor found in Sentra SE-R, G20 and NX2000 and NA JDM Silvias
      SR20VE= aluminum, 2.0 liter, electronically fuel injected, variable valve timing, naturally aspirated engine found in JDM Primeras.
      SR20DET= aluminum, 2.0 liter, DOHC, EFI, turbocharged motor found in JDM Silvia, Bluebird and Pulsar.

D= DOHC
      V=DOHC variable valve timing
      E=EFI (electronic fuel injection)
      T= turbocharged
      TT= Twin Turbo

There you go! Now you know!
      Last edited by crusTE72corolla; 01-14-2004, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Yep thats all true. Nobody asked and that isnt what the thread is about...but its all correct. Oh and you left the 200sx SE-R as previously mentioned out of your SR20DE list of cars.

Comment

SR20VET NuGgA!

Comment

Re: does anybody actually know anything!

Originally posted by crusTE72corolla
            The first 4 digits arent really the important ones though. Its the suffix that's important
            Yea, cause if you say sr, theres 3 different displacemnets for the sr.

Comment

BAH!

so Prelude B20 is a SUV motor?

G35 and 350z also have a SUV motor?

Comment

Well if those engines were taken from their original SUV homes, then yes. But I dont think thats how it happened. But that is how it happed with the KA. I have a KA, I like KAs, but its a truck motor. It was built for a truck.

Comment

damn people are u forgetting that trucks are put through hell too.
                  that engine is great if you maintain it and dont put to much pressure through it.15psi at most

Comment

!

wow thanks u guys were no help at all.....

anywas i didnt knoe that the KA is a cast iron block and at the same time it was a nickel iron block

the only reason ppl swap is cause of the after market?
                    well what would u guys do? swap or leave it

and another question can u have like a decent pony output with a n/a KA?

i have the dohc ka to let u kno

Comment

!

damn it chas i want dem addresses and names now

im debo nigguh !

jk.....pleaaaZzzee

puh puuh puuuh pleaze

or theres a good chance i will develop a stuttter

Comment

IF you spent alot of money you could probably get around 250 N/A

Theres a comapny thats offering 210hp for 3900

http://racetep.com/240sxengine.htm

I still think the greddy kit is your best bet if you want to stay legal and not worry about the swap.

Comment

Working...
                        X