No announcement yet.

drifting issss faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao, i hope you people realize your arguing that Drift is faster the Grip and to help prove your point your Using a Cartoon where drifts in 2nd gear last about forever on an almost straight turn, lol, good luck with drifting if your using iD as a reference, lmao, nubs

Comment

Drift Racing, hmm, no, Never put those 2 words together, ever, Tougue is a chase and drifting is exhibtion.
      Last edited by Alchemist; 01-29-2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

(MrodDrft) you idiot
        (Now Drifter X is just an idiot talking about going into a drift on the touge with the car)

read my post right i'm saying that drift has no place in touge man you just made my day by trying to act like you know all that when you can't even read a post right LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

u made my day by getting on ur knees for those 10 minutes.

Besides i cant read a 90 word run on sentence that makes no sense. aND THats waht i mean, that KIND of drifting aka showy is not for the touge, i think thats the only kind of drifting u know that exists. Of course if u go into a turn smoking ur tires off its gonna b slower, thats why u DONT DO IT. Just please go buy urself a Best Motoring vid and watch some touge battles. I mean come on ur the dumbass who cant put two and two together. They show a boost gauge max out and tires spinnign and he spun out why ? "Because he was off the line" hahahahaha
          Last edited by MrodDrft; 01-29-2004, 11:19 PM.

Comment

People don't drift in touges? Your kidding right? I go and watch my friends and the Japanese do it every Saturday Night. They tear up the mountain streets. Have any of you been to an authentic touge race, not the damn videos, not intial D not on TV. Have you been there? I doubt it because your saying that nobody drifts in the mountains. Also, people do die in mountain drift offs. Accidents happen but, they still do it. During the time, I was into drag racing with my jzx81 Mark II but my friends were into drifting with their silvias, sil-80s and cef-80s and take the mountains all the time. You can't tell me nobody drifts in the mountains. Remember, Drifting is 2 years old in the US how many good drifters do you think are in the US? Nobody has heard of it and are just now honing their skills. So how can you make a valid judgement on how good drifting is if you haven't seen the best.

Comment

Originally posted by StreetR

People don't drift in touges? Your kidding right? I go and watch my friends and the Japanese do it every Saturday Night. They tear up the mountain streets. Have any of you been to an authentic touge race, not the damn videos, not intial D not on TV. Have you been there? I doubt it because your saying that nobody drifts in the mountains. Also, people do die in mountain drift offs. Accidents happen but, they still do it. During the time, I was into drag racing with my jzx81 Mark II but my friends were into drifting with their silvias, sil-80s and cef-80s and take the mountains all the time. You can't tell me nobody drifts in the mountains. Remember, Drifting is 2 years old in the US how many good drifters do you think are in the US? Nobody has heard of it and are just now honing their skills. So how can you make a valid judgement on how good drifting is if you haven't seen the best.

wow, the best post yet, i hope this shuts everyone up, nice post man

Comment

That's a negative on the evac, Ghost. I don't consort with rotor heads and there's no place to fit a stretcher on a Cat...maybe one of the bug squads on deck could pick you up, lord knows they're good for nothing else.

Comment

Well, if folks use R-compounds, then they wouldn't have to drift on them mountain roads... Period.

It's called "using the last once of your your car has to go fast". Drifting is in the grey area where all static lateral grip has been exceed, and using what's left of the grip to help rotate the vehicles through corners.

A good grip driver, given limited tire traction, when going at full 10/10th will get into the drift relm.

A good drifter, will have to know the grip techniques to help conserve tires.

There is no difference between the two relm, when pushed to the max. It's the same damn thing. It's called "trying to stay on the line and make the corner while skating on limited tire traction."

Personally, I like grip. I also like drift. I got into drift to help my grip skills. By gaining those skills, I've gain confidence in my grip skills to push up to and sometimes beyond the limits of my tires at local track events.

That's where it's fun. To drive a car, beyond it's limits, on a road course. Guess what? That's called drifting. lol...

Why and what's the big difference in the hoopla? Too many folks wanting to jump into drifting without learning the proper pre-requisit. Grip. It's the equivalent of "learning to run before learning to crawl."

Put those guys in Japan, who are drifting on mountain roads (Touge), on a circuit, and tell them to time attack it with grip. The time they can get will be pretty damn close or even better than folks that only grip. A famous example, not Japanese though, is Colin McCrae when he test driven Jaguar's F1 car at Silverstone Circuit in England. His time were able to put him atleast in the first 2 row of that year's F1 race at the same race track. That's from a driver that basically drives on low traction condition most of the time.

Hope you guys can see it, it's about using the most of the tire traction to go fast.

Like RyanRacer said, grip is critical.

Now, some of you will argue that I basically said, that fast guys are going beyond grip. Well, here is where it gets confusing. There are two different types of drifting.

D1GP style, or more well known as "show drift"

and "grip drift" or more known as "Low slip angle drifts".

First one is self explanitory. Definetly not as fast a grip, but sure looks pretty. Killer on tires too.

Second one... hehe, go watch them Eurpean car races. You will see lots of this. This is also a result of what RyanRacer said, about rotating a car. Where you basically are balancing the amount of grip between the front and rear, and using it to help turn the car in a corners. This is the real deal. It's the fast drift.

But, given the popular definition of drifting, this is still consider grip, and the show drift, gets simply known as "drift."

etc, blah, blah, blah, blah... (too much blathering....)

Comment

Alot of good points

Comment

Heh won't be picking me up VRD, be picking up the drifter that I was racing against.

Comment

too many keyboard warriors argue about this..

putting the low slip angle technique aside, drift is rarely ever faster on hard asphalt... heats up the tires and wastes too much tread to be efficient.

how many times do you see "initial d" ishh on jgtc? dont you think they know the best way around a turn?

Comment

Yes, but there are definetly folks here speaking with real exprience.

Once you have lived life on the jagged edge of maximum tire traction, and use that to go through corners, nothing else is fun. Well, until you realize how much you stress out yourself and the equipment.

Then you go drifting. lol... That's the fun part.

For the most part, the more I drift, the more I go back to my grip techniques. The harder I'm pushing the car, the more I rely on grip.

The setup for D1 cars are pretty much counter to popular notion of drift cars...

These suckers are setup to understeer... Yes, understeer. Once you've done enough grip/drift, you will realize why.

Comment

(u made my day by getting on ur knees for those 10 minutes)

That right there tells me your some dumb as s 15 year old that watches to much ID drift is really cool to look at shows but in touge it has no place it's slow it's puts to much wear and tear on your car and none of use feel like running into a wall all of you that say it's so easy and try to talk to me like they can pull it off well go ahead and get you vid cam and prove it to me go to a mountain and try to clear turn at over 65mph+ i want to see what happens we can clear turns at around that speed with grip.

Comment

'97 S14 SE Turb, i've been on too many forums to believe everything that people say when it comes to what they can do...
                              to tell you the truth half these people out here know only textbook.

StreetR, i don't mean this to sound bad, but everything you've said had to do with drifting in japan, i was just wondering if you seen enough of both realms (grip/drift) to make an accurate arguement.

the only one i really believe here is ryan racer and '97 S14 SE Turb. and they both basically make the same arguement.
                              i agree with what '97 S14 SE Turb is saying, i've always thought of grip and drift as a tech. that both parties use to the best of their extent to become better drivers. Any grip driver or drifter that doesn't use both techniques to the fullest of their extents are not experts at all in their sport.

i'm no big time pro, but i don't understand at all why there is an arguement at all between which one is faster if each person in fact blends the two together.

Comment

Oops sorry guys looks like I lied. It turns out I will be doing Formula D and Speedvision World Challenge, so I guess I haven't totally given up racing yet. You heard it here first on drifting.com thats even before it hits the presses at SCCA.

Late,

Comment

Working...
                                X