Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting issss faster

AAAAAAHHHHHH yes you read the subject right

i noticed that ther was a thread on this subject earlier but i was afraid that no one would check back with it sence it was gettin off subject

i noticed that you guys like to use intail d as a reference but have you forgotin that Takumi is drifting D-O-W-N-H-I-L-L that is when drifting is faster than grip because downhill would cause thoughs simple gripers to brake more
    Last edited by consept; 01-20-2004, 03:35 AM.

ooppps

Comment

sort of

Takumi's drifting isn't faster only because he's traveling downhill-- he's simply a better driver. The downhill direction supposedly compensated for the big difference in horsepower between the 86 and other cars (i.e., Kyouichi's 300+ hp LanEvo III)

Comment

takumi isnt a better driver...hes a cartoon...i get what your trying to say but just stating the obvious

Comment

whoops i posted it twice
          Last edited by markeese180sx; 01-20-2004, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Who cares already. Do you drift to beat grip drivers? I dont. I drift because its fun. If you really must know the answer, then sign up for some local open wheel roadracing events and see if you can pass the grip drivers while drifting ...

Comment

Honestly most people are so stuck in there different ideas that they will argue them to the grave, if you feel different prove them wrong...there is no point in just throwing theory back and forth

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                Who cares already. Do you drift to beat grip drivers? I dont. I drift because its fun. If you really must know the answer, then sign up for some local open wheel roadracing events and see if you can pass the grip drivers while drifting ...

sorry but i might be wrong but in that one best motoring vid with the skyline, s15, rx-7, and supra. i think the s15 pass the dude in the rx7 going sideways. but i donno please dont get mad.

Comment

Originally posted by bobinito
                  sorry but i might be wrong but in that one best motoring vid with the skyline, s15, rx-7, and supra. i think the s15 pass the dude in the rx7 going sideways. but i donno please dont get mad.

I dont htink you are right on that one. I dont remember full details of the vid but I think what you saw was smoke coming from his front tires because of lack of ABS.

Comment

did tsuchiya say something about understeer?

Comment

I've reached a conclusion. The conclusion that drifting can be faster than grip, or vice-versa. It all depends on the track and the technique used. If a drifter and a grip driver were to battle on a course that had more wide turns than hairpins, the grip driver will most likely win (dont quote me on that one, because im disregarding the technique used). But, on a track with frequent hairpin turns, the grip driver will have to slow down alot more and optimal lines dont play as big a part. The drifter will most likely win. so you cant simply say that grip is faster or drifting is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by 180sx2nr8u
                        I've reached a conclusion. The conclusion that drifting can be faster than grip, or vice-versa. It all depends on the track and the technique used. If a drifter and a grip driver were to battle on a course that had more wide turns than hairpins, the grip driver will most likely win (dont quote me on that one, because im disregarding the technique used). But, on a track with frequent hairpin turns, the grip driver will have to slow down alot more and optimal lines dont play as big a part. The drifter will most likely win. so you cant simply say that grip is faster or drifting is faster.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!

Comment

people who are good at arguing can argue any point, and use hypothesises to back up their argument and win (lawyers). Go out and prove it (testing the hypothesis) and see what happens. A good place to start would be your local SCCA event.

Comment

Good idea, nightwalker

Ok, You all made good points...

Heres some questions to awnser yourself...

What style driving does EVERY cup racing use?
                            What style is easier to master?
                            Umm... anyone wanna add more... pro or con... its up to you..

Comment

i dont think you can master either its a skill and noones perfect but more than that driving is reactionary to a situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X