Best DVD for learning drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DVD for learning drifting?

I already have the Drift Bible of Keichi...

I want to buy another DVD to learn drifting in a theory.

I saw a lot of lesson DVDs in the store on Drifting.com such as Club4AG's, Drift Annual, Mission Drifting and Drift like nomuken(<-i want it)

Would you recommend nice DVD?

the best way to learn about drifting is going out and drift.
    Dvds are for kicks, for entertainment,for fun you'll understand much more
    if you go out and actually do it. So it doesn't really
    matter what you dvd you get.

oh and what do you mean by "drifting in a theory"?

hope that helped, 'cept that last part lol

Comment

I think what he means by theory is that he will learn and then know how to drift, but not have actually done it himself...so he would know how to drift in theory and not personal expierence.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
        I think what he means by theory is that he will learn and then know how to drift, but not have actually done it himself...so he would know how to drift in theory and not personal expierence.
        ohhh.....i see.....so kinda like a internet drifter than... hahaha

Comment

Just get a good drifting video game like Ridge racer or need for speed underground and you will be good to go. Seriously though if you have the drift bible and have watched it go out and drift dont waste your money on dvd's there are lots of sanctioning drift assoc. around the country now you will learn a lot more with a good teacher in the car. I have been drifting for just over a year and I learn something new everytime I go out. I also get a lot faster everytime I go out.... what I am trying to say is get as much seat time as possible the more you learn the car the more you will want to drive and put money into the car and as you change the setup you will grow and learn to do a lot more. Dont worry so much about power I do things with my stock ka that most people dont believe. My most common question even from instructors that watch me drive is "Sr right?" Or "How much power do you have?" The look on their face when I say stock ka is great. Just drive and then drive some more you will learn a lot more that way.

Comment

I am not good English

um... I understand what you guys mean.
            Although I'm not good at the drifting, I'm not very novice in the racing.
            I'm enough to know the practice is the BEST way to learn.

But I just asked about the DVD. What DVD is good for learning.
            I had already ordered Drift Like Nomuken

um..... I guess I got a fault to put wrong a section of boards~
            thanks for reply!

Comment

I've watched a few DVD's and I think it has helped in my early stages. I had the drift bible, Best motoring's AE86 special and a Nomuken/Taniguchi drift bible which came out in japan a few months ago. From them, I learnt a lot about how the car will behave when sideways and somewhat on how to control it but in the end getting in the car and practicing is the best way to learn.

On a sidenote, my buddy has crashed his Silvia quite a few times and I have yet to crash. He hasn't seen a single drift educational video.

Comment

Originally posted by FD3S_pilot
                the best way to learn about drifting is going out and drift.

+1

Comment

any option vids work aswell.
                  Last edited by Lord_EJR; 01-16-2006, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftKE70
                    On a sidenote, my buddy has crashed his Silvia quite a few times and I have yet to crash. He hasn't seen a single drift educational video.
                    maybe you're not trying hard enough ... everyone will eventually *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it. people that say they've been drifting for "x" amount of years with no crashes make me wonder.

yeah i feel some heat coming ... hahaha

Comment

*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*... i flipped my first S13 back in 2003 after watching the drift bible. hahaha... Like the others have said before... go out, find a SAFE spot(not infront of your college campus like me and practice. I got better after I got my 2nd S13 when i started hitting the curvy road in the country side and thats just proof that drifting DVDs are just a watse of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_S13
                        *... just proof that drifting DVDs are just a watse of money.
                        yeah for the price .... i don't think they could be considered a waste of money ... heck for a pure entertainment value they're worth it. however, there is no replacement for seat time (as it sounds like you're clearly aware of!)

Comment

when drifting expect to crash/spin out/kiss the curb and what not.
                          It just the process of learning.

hey mike where in norcal are you?

Comment

Hello ,as far as DVDs go I would reccomend Mission Drift,it gives an ok break down on circles,figure8 ,circut drifting,ect,also they have some parts in slow motion you should watch what the driver and his movement VS what the car is doing this will give you a general idea of what you should be doing in the car,notice the smootness.Also I would reccomend the D1 on board special,again watch the driver input and you can also listen and watch the different drifting methods(clutch kick,inertia drift,and the use of the e-brake).Also you will notice how most of the cars will naturally start to drift due to good set ups overall,also driver anticipation is also very obvious.Check these out ,hope this helps

Comment

i learned alot by riding shotgun with better drivers and asking alot of questions whenever im at an event. i watched the drift bible before and honestly i dont think anything can replace experience and seat time. you can say you "know" how to drift, but when it's finally time to get into the car and get it sideways everything will become new to you again.

oh and +1 for KA drifting!

Comment

Working...
                              X