Auto Gear problems..ah oh lolz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Gear problems..ah oh lolz

i was sliding around a corner...road was wet....umm car came to a 360....umm...then after that the car seemed to not change gears while i was in overdrive... i put it into 2nd...gear doesnt drop...then 1st..still nothn........now i come to a stop...i let off the brake...car doesnt move soo im guessn i *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed the trans... i dont know yet ...im lettn the car and trans cool down right now...soo well see if i *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed it up in one night...lolZ....

What kind of car do you drive?

I drive a 92 240sx with an auto tranny and i have found after a bad spin (once nearly getting into an accident, not drifting related) and a few times after bad drifts that caused a HARD spin it would act like its way down on power, or like it was stuck in highgear, i honestly dont know which one, probably the later. Anyways restarting the car has always solved this problem. Though i dont know the cause.

Comment

i have a 91 auto 240sx SE with open diff..... what ur talkn about is what i was just having...100% correct on everything.... cus when i turned it back on it was normal.... lol....must be some sorta mystery

Comment

Too be honest when it first happened i thought "*Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* i broke something" then i restarted it and was all what the hell?? after i spun it hard the first time drifitng i went, it happened again i thought maybe it was some kind of crash detection setup like "gee an accident, *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* the timming" or something along those lines, didnt even think about the tranny, but it sounds right.. but still i dont know why it does that. good to know im not the only one.

Comment

umm can anybody tell us why this happens? i would really like to know before i start doing more of this kind of stuff soo i can prepare for it

Comment

I solved the problem by getting better and not spinning.. lol but im sure a letter to nissan of america could clearify things..

Comment

::

All S13 auto's experience this... ESP. if you spinout and the car rolls backwards in the "D" (drive) position... In a nutshell, the computer becomes confused and doesn't know what gear to select. So it basically ends up goin into the highest gear, therefore you have to shut down the engine and restart the car in order to reset the computer (as mentioned in above posts).

This is what I do exactly and have already gotten into the habit of doing so... saves you the headache from restarting everytime:: When drifting and you happen to over-rotate and/or roll backwards, if you're good enough to get the feel of drifting and know exactly wen you will overspin per se, then immediately pop the gear selector into "N" (neutral) before the car ends up going backwards in "D" position, try and regain control of the spin, face the front of the car in the direction you wanna go, pop the selector back into "D" or "2" or "1" (depending on what you wanna do) and move on- this way you do not have to keep on shutting the engine down and restarting~

Drifter Z.
              Last edited by ; 01-26-2004, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info. I rarely spin these days, but ill keep it in mind.

Comment

not really a big help, but i think you shouldn't try to drift in an auto. in my opinion there is less you can control, and when the car spins out theres not really anything you can do other than steer and hope for the best.

do your tranny - and yourself - a favor and go buy a manual.

Comment

I think ill learn weigh transfer with my automatic transmission instead of relying on clutch kicks and power to rotate a car. Besides i wont have to worry about burning up my clutch until i can afford it, im already spending enough on tires.

I covered these issues in the auto drifting thread.

Comment

man::

Originally posted by 180sx2nr8u
                      not really a big help, but i think you shouldn't try to drift in an auto. in my opinion there is less you can control, and when the car spins out theres not really anything you can do other than steer and hope for the best.

do your tranny - and yourself - a favor and go buy a manual.
                      dood, "when the car spins out theres not really anything you can do other than steer and hope for the best." <--- 180sx2nr8u what you just said here applies to any car whether it's automatic or manual.. no offense, but lol!

"there is less you can control" <--- less you can control?? what?! everyone else reading this post right now is probably thinking "huh?" let me just add that in an auto there is less you need to worry about.

yeh, don't drift in an auto, automatics can't drift, u can't drift an auto puahahahaha whatever; already posted in "pictures and videos" but just to prove my point here i go again:: http://www.samuraifiles.com/modules/.../no_ticket.avi
                      Last edited by ; 01-26-2004, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Tooks the words right out of my mouth... especialy about that spin thing lol

i was like... um.. is there some special manual tranny technique to make the car recover from 360s i dont know about?

Comment

::

LOL!!!

Comment

Go AUTOS!

Comment

Working...
                            X