heel/toe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heel/toe

i cant seem to get i down but i under stand the concept of it but i cant practice it i dont know how to so im lost any one got any help out there

you might be too tall....it happens....

Comment

Re: heel/toe

Originally posted by vandelx
      i cant seem to get i down but i under stand the concept of it but i cant practice it i dont know how to so im lost any one got any help out there
      Make sure, your ergonomically seated in your car.

What kind of car do you have? Just wondering?

Comment

if your tall like my *Censored**Censored**Censored*, take off your shoes, the heal of my shoe gets in thw way, and taking them off, or getting racing shoes(wrestlng shoes work just as good) will help give u cleareance

Comment

the point of it is to match the revs of the engine with the speed of the rear tires. if you didnt blip the throttle before down shifting into a really low gear, you would get a condition called shift lock, locking the rear tires because the clutch grabed the slower engine and made the rear tires slow to the point of breaking rear traction. if you get shift lock unexpectedly, it can be dangerous as its just like grabbing the e-brake.

hope this helps!

Comment

my car

ummmm. lets see well my car it has wheels and stuff it says on the back supra j/k it just a mk3 supra 86.5 to be exact its kinda quick

Comment

Re: my car

Originally posted by vandelx
              ummmm. lets see well my car it has wheels and stuff it says on the back supra j/k it just a mk3 supra 86.5 to be exact its kinda quick
              Eww.. The Cockpit on a Supra is pretty tight, well for me it is and im not that big Try driving with your seat farther that usual. It will give you more Knee room, so you can twist your leg, for the "Heel / Toe" action have fun. Good luck.

Comment

you can heel toe in pretty much any car. (not trucks though, the gas is usually really far to the right)

anyway, I just roll my foot, so the ball of my right foot is braking and the right edge of my right foot is blipping the throttle.

basically, go sit in your car and see how you can do it.

Comment

I have to go the other way around do to space.
                  My heel is on th ebrake and my toe on the gas.....
                  Ha, so I guessI'm really doing heel toe eh?

Comment

www.turnfast.com

Comment

Originally posted by turbo23
                      or getting racing shoes(wrestlng shoes work just as good)
                      I thought i was the only person who did that...i use to wrestle and i found a new use for my wrestling shoes....

but yeah the heel/toe movement is used under certain situations only, u don't have to use it to drift. You can jus use shiftlock (which i might add is what suppose to be eliminated while heel/toeing just like drifterfd3s said) shift lock is also known as clutch kick, utilizing the locking of the gears to initiate a drift helps too if the heel.toe movement is too hard for some...

Comment

correct me if im wrong, but i thought clutch kick was when you press the clutch down while flooring it, then dropping the clutch to break loose the rear wheels and initiate a drift.....

Comment

Guys, let's PLEASE not do this thread again.

Comment

Nike Air Max Presses feel like good shoes for heel toe. Thats right, Tracy McGrady.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
                              correct me if im wrong, but i thought clutch kick was when you press the clutch down while flooring it, then dropping the clutch to break loose the rear wheels and initiate a drift.....
                              your right, sorry about that...

Comment

Working...
                              X