4 wheel (Hicas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 wheel (Hicas)

I have noticed the 240sx hicas(i think) has 4 wheel stearing. I was woundering would this be advantage or disadvantage in drifting?

yes it is 4 wheel turning but i have no clue if it would help or hurt you tryin to drft

Comment

did some research and if you want to drift with a hicas 240 you have to get a hicas eliminator for more info look here
      http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...&threadid=7587

Comment

It would destroy u in your journey to become a drifter.

Comment

How do you know? Have you tried it? I was suprised when I saw D1 cars with Hicas, no eliminator.

Comment

excellent

Comment

no hicas will not really hurt you when you are drifting. it never botherd me or any of the people i drifted with in japan.

Comment

everyone always told me it was bad.... ok sorry.

Comment

check out www.quickstyle.org the car on the track has hicas and it has no problems drifting. but god i wish the webmaster wasnt so lazzy and would put more pics up. i know we got tons of photos on the digi. cam. so if every on e-mails him or writes on the message board about more pics mabe he will become unlazzy and put more up.
                  Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 02-19-2004, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Hicas

I have driven cars with HICAS..Can't really tell but I think this is almost like Rearsteer on a FC..It just helps keep the rear stuck by turning in the rear wheels a few degrees.naturaly the rear wants to swing out and this just steers the rear in..Without HICAS , it feels easier to get the rear to swing out .Just like removing the rearsteer bushings in a FC is like removing HICAS I believe..Either with or without , you should be able to drift.I say Remove HICAS and I think you will oversteer the car with less turning imputs but really depends on your suspention setup and driving style..

Comment

Yep, you're right. 180s and silvias have HICAS and HICAS 2s. Its barely noticable when drifting. However, here in Japan, they have a "bar canceler" that you can stick in place of the steering pump of the HICAS system. All you have to do then is just plug up the lines and thats it. That is, if you really felt it would help. All I did was unplug the electric connector to the HICAS system. Your HICAS light in the dashboard will be lit red to let you know that its inoperative. Hope that helps

Comment

HICAS counteracts drifting. The HICAS system is a steering system that helps to direct you into the direction you are traveling.

HICAS is not good for drifting.

People who just powerslide and do donuts, can't really tell.

Comment

Trust me, when "drifting" and not doing dounuts, it doesnt matter. You cant even tell.

Comment

from what i read, you cant really feel the hicas system working until you are cornering at high speeds. so in any type of driving you wont really use it, as long as you at like 50mph or under...at least that is my understanding of it.

Another down side to the hicas system is that it gives you ABS....its just personal preffrence, but i preffer no ABS.....if one knows how to brake properly, normal brakes can be more effective than ABS.....

if you ask me, i say just by a 240 w/o hicas all together....if you want hatch, get an RS13 one....just a normal se

Comment

I dont know about that. I havent seen a silvia/180sx without HICAS. And HICAS having ABS??? No. Its a steering component. Brakes have nothing to do with it. I dont have ABS on my ride at all. Some cars do come with the "option" of having ABS equipped. Where do you guys get all this information??? I doubt if the japanese cars are built any different than american spec other than the engines and trannies.
                              Last edited by CaliChocolate; 02-21-2004, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X