E brake problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E brake problems...

umm how f*ck up is it to pull the e brake while its in drive...becuase right now i think my trans is leaking from doing all that stuff ( yes i know it f*cks it up) but i didnt knw it would wear that fast.... umm i need like statistics on how bad e braking screws ur trans.... well my car is now in the shop checkn out the leak...soo i guess my fun with the e brake doris is over...but i still have power over ........ imma miss my e braking..... DAMN YOU TRANSMISSION! ...i just spent a grand on the damn car cus of the old owner doesnt know how to put on the back break pads which made me get new rotors,calipers,pads everything....plus the steering problem with the rack and pinion....arrg fuxor the s13.... now i know how it feels when someone says drifting hurts

neutral then ebrake.

Comment

i havent had aproblem with mine and im hard on it.. though i go threw rear brake pads pretty quick..

honestly it shouldnt be too hard. considering there is no direct mechanical connection between the transmission and engine.. I mean you use the foot break with the thing in drive all the time right?

of course giving the speed and everything your doing it at its not exactly easy on any of the car..

Comment

Hey steve your in the central valley right? we should meet up sometime and do some auto drifting.. film it and show these guys it CAN be done, at least at your early stages of practicing..

Comment

i can do some dori....but where is bakersfield? up north or somthn cus u sound far

Comment

heh you live in the central valley and dont know where bakersfield is?

bakersfield is the last large city at the southern most part of the valley before you get to the grape vine.. it is far, couple of hours down the 5 or 99

Comment

yeah ill start driving once u move down about 100 miles

Comment

Lay off the brake and learn to drift for real, and you wont have that problemb. j/k dont hurt me

The reason it eats ur trans so bad and not like the "normal" manual is the slippage. In manual cars, it eats the clutch bad. In auto's, all of tha slippage is taken out on the bands and clutch packs, which are all interlan and alot more expensive to fix.
                Thats the part you knew tho, I'm sure...
                Give me the info on ur car (year and stuff), and I'll see if I can find anything useful in the computers and books at school (I'm in an auto mechanix program, so we have all the fancy stuff...)

Chris

Comment

just a quick question for you steve,
                  if you are paying to get the auto fixed, why dont you just swap a manual tranny?

im just curious, cause that might make your life alot easier......

Comment

If you want to practice swapping out auto to manual, you can practice with mine first.. but you have to pay..

Comment

who, me or steve?

i did my own engine swap......

Comment

i ment steve...

Comment

well i have the money to buy a manual....but the reason is cus of my rents....they wont let me have manual either way...my dad i assumes knows if i have a manual ill go racing and drifting which before i have crashed his car soo he knows whats up but he doesnt really know if i do it.....my mom doesnt care she just complains that its harder ahah... and the 2nd is that they were paying for the car soo if i didnt want to follow by that then they wont pay for it.... they also said that i can change my cars trans after about a year or so ....by the time im a senior right now im a junior... ummm soo yeah i dont care its one hell of a deal...im a lil sad that i gave away my rx7 manual but that sh8t was flooded and it didnt have power steering ( which i didnt like) ..... o wells i can wait

Comment

Originally posted by DRFT_MARO
                            Lay off the brake and learn to drift for real, and you wont have that problemb. j/k dont hurt me

The reason it eats ur trans so bad and not like the "normal" manual is the slippage. In manual cars, it eats the clutch bad. In auto's, all of tha slippage is taken out on the bands and clutch packs, which are all interlan and alot more expensive to fix.
                            Thats the part you knew tho, I'm sure...
                            Give me the info on ur car (year and stuff), and I'll see if I can find anything useful in the computers and books at school (I'm in an auto mechanix program, so we have all the fancy stuff...)

Chris

91' 240sx SE (open diff) coupe

Comment

Working...
                            X