total noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• total noob question

ok i know this is the stupidest(is that a word?)question ever to ya'll but is the FD avaluble in the U.S.i know i know flame all you want but at least answer my question.im 13 and im sorta new to drifting.

much more constructive than your previous posts.

Yes, the FD is the 94 (i think) and up RX-7

Comment

Actually the FD is the 93 and up RX-7 in the us and the 92 thru 2001 I think in Japan.

Comment

Duluth is correctand panda was close, unless you got money or you know rotary i wouldnt go with an rx-7..if im wrong someone let me know..

Comment

No, you're totally right. An FD3S is hard for a beginner to keep up with. Duluth knows more in detail I'd guess, since he owns one =P

Comment

I have to agree. I am more of a gripper than Drifter and it is great for that. I've owned 2 of them and this one is far faster than my last. It tends to make boost fast and throw you around when you are first starting out. Also it's hard to keep it between the turbos. Meaning the first one is spooled and you are trying to maintain a line then the second will hit causing a spin out. They also can be bad about wheel hop. Hop them wheels and shatter that rear end.

Don't get me wrong, I love my FD but it's not for the beginner nor the faint of heart. Mine puts around 342 to the ground on good days and it can get downright scary at times, especially if you aren't used to it.

Comment

duluth is so right!!!

Comment

holy crap...that souunds so bad wit the twin turbo. the fastest thing ive ever driven is my dad's 97 prelude and i thought the vtec was bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*! lol. he almost got a rx7 but they stopped makin them a year b4 & he was lookin for a new car...but i hear the fd is a really hard car to drift in.

Comment

i wanna FD... if anyone detroys one i want it... a tax write off lol... or if anyone in the socal area is selling an FC lemme know... but only ifits under 2K which i doubt ill find one... ok thanks.

Comment

hey...bein 13 is no excuse... and ya..cept it was in america for a lot shorter amount of time than in Japan.

Comment

Yea the FD fell victim to the Japanese super car crash in the states right along with it's 3 brothers. the Nissan 300zxTT, Mitsubishi 3000GT and the Supra TT. You have to remember that 3 of these cars used to be "poor mans sports cars". The RX7 when it debuted was a cheap sports car right along with the Z. The Supra was always a little higher than the other 2 but towards the end they just over-inflated the price so much that they outgrew their niche. They tried to compete with the Corvette and the Mustang in the states and failed miserably. Remember this is before the big import explosion of the late 90's. So only your true fans really had them or knew that much about them.

Fast forward to present time and these cars have gained alot in popularity due to them being the supercars that they were. Plus there weren't that many sold due to their high pice. RX7's were over 40k for the R1, Supras 45k, 3000 GT's, 40k and 300's were right around 40k too. Those are guestimates from my memory.

It still makes me laugh when Corvette and Mustang owners compare their cars to mine. How they think they are faster. Well you actually should be faster, you have v8's, gobs more tourque and my car is over 10 years old. But in reality mines much faster than a stock vette and mustang, looks better (to most people) and will outhandle the both of them.

Comment

Well said Ghost.. but you forgot to mention your FD is also alot lighter then the other cars you mentioned...

Comment

True, my car is 2789 lbs factory while the 2003 Vette is 3246 lbs factory. The Mustang from 2003 is 3465 lbs for the Mach one. Thats about 500 lbs for the Vette and almost 700!!! lbs for the Stang. Vette is close but the Stang is a fatty.

Comment

Those rotarys are impressive, your car barely weighs more then mine does, and its got alot more power, and im sure it handles alot better then my old "many" mile s13.

Comment

hell yeah why do you think I just bought an FD I'm trying to sell my 240 to fund the building of the FD

Comment

Working...
                              X