No announcement yet.

any one know anything about sliding an S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the drift king drives the s2000 in one of the touge battle vids doesn't he? OH SNAP.. I forgot he drifts the NSX in drift bible.
    that's not a suck honda either. respect others, or I'll spin my chevette on your mom's rose bushes.

Comment

Drifting Anything!!

Mr2 And S2k!!
      Well Both Cars like any other car,has diffrent handling capabilities and feel.I say a S2K probably feels better then a MR2..
      I have drifted a MR2 and a a MR handles a little diffrently than all cars since it is a MR(mid-Rear engine)The Car(mr2)likes to understeer alot of off throttle situations.So drifting this car,I fould it a little easier.Never had a chance to Drift a S2k..Most owners with them would never let me touch their cars lol..But i can imagine (newer car better engineering)

YOU CAN DRIFT ANYTHING!!!EVEN FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!!!
      EVEN IF THE CAR WAS 1 WHEEL DRIVE I WOULD DRIFT IT!!!

There many ways to drift and almost any car can do it!!
      Here is a list of just a few cars i can get sidewayz .

94 Prelude vtech
      74 buick riviera(6800LBS!!)
      85 oldsmobile cutlass 4 door front wheel drive (drifted)
      98 corolla
      85 rx7 GSL SE
      89 rx7
      90 rx7 TURBO II
      ect ect.

So No matter what car you are in,
      Remember,you are the master of your ride.
      you controll the attitude and the machine.
      Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-12-2004, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norcalidrifter
        maybe if you put tape on yout tires...It'll drift!!!! TAA DAA! I havent seen a s2000 or any honda drift before, except on initial d arcade stage 2.
        ...I wonder what kind of tape this 2004 D1 car is using on the tires?
        Attached Files

Comment

Man well i always thought that anything could drift, and the way it slide had to do mostly with the driver. Now i wouldnt mind to get behind the wheel of an S2k. I know that this car wouldnt be a great beginer, i wasnt goin to get one right now, sence im just starting to learn how to drift. i was just gettting your guys opinion on this. THANKS

Comment

...I wonder what kind of tape this 2004 D1 car is using on the tires?
            thanks for bringing that up thats what i was talking about earlyer

Comment

Good point and good pic. As far as I am concerned there isnt a sucky car. I mean there was a Marauder drifting this year in the D1. Who would have thunk it.

Comment

LOL who would of thunk it

Comment

Actually i have also seen a couple drifted in some option videos also!

Comment

well

If the car has an fr layout or any rear wheel layout at all, it's ideal for drifting. At least more ideal than the FF cars that honda makes. The S2000 after the NSX is probably the most ideal Honda Drifter.

BTW, S2000's are fast. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them and I have seen them drifted.

Comment

that paint job is the sh!t.

Comment

I had the s2000 and have learned to drift with it. Few my-so-humble-opinion comments...

It's not the easiest car to drift. It is midship FR car, so behaves something between FR and MR. The tail is snappy and happy :-) It likes to snap in and out. The powerplant only powers that behaviour. It's weak on torque, and there is no sufficient torque down low. Therefore, it's not so appropriate for street/fun sliding, more for the track. The suspension is highly adjustable (double wishbones allround), so you can play with setup. Altough the limits are quite low (max front camber is -2 degrees). The car is wonderfully balanced. It really likes braking drifts, feinting, lift-off. Power-over is not very tipical for it (because the lack of torque). Another reason for tail snapiness is torsen differential. When it loses traction, it loses it quite fast. The short wheelbase also contributes to this behaviour. Altough it has small turning circle, you can still run out of opposite lock sometimes. The driver's environment is perfect. Steering wheel, seats, shifter, driver's position - it's better than in any other car I've driven. Steering wheel is very very sharp. Only 2.4 lock-to-lock turns at such small turning circle makes it very direct and responsive. This can be additional help when learning to drift, because your reactions don't need to be so fast (altough they must be fast, since the rear snapiness). The handbrake more or less sucks - it's connected to the calipers and it's spungy and really takes miracle to lock tires with it when going straight.

I really have good opinion about this car and very positive memories, even tough it's not that good for drifting. I'd say 3,75 out of 5 stars, when evaluating drift-friendlines. I can imagine, that low boosted s2000 with small turbo would be a very good drift car; the same with clutch-type diff with widened steering rack range and modified handbrake should make it nearly perfect for drifting...

I have made some movies featuring s2000, but currently don't have them online.

Comment

i've seen footage of an s2000 drift. not bad.

doesn't the s2000 has an aluminum frame? you damage that drifting and it's sayonara s2000.

Comment

s2k...fr...it can drift..i think that's all that really needs to be said...

Comment

Its a very well balanced car, and it has no low end torque, so you may have trouble getting it to slide as easy as a 240/silvia, etc....

I think they are more geared toward grip type racing, but i would like to get a chance to drive one on a track. I belive they are an alum frame, like the nsx, so dont crash it.

Comment

dont mean to say it yet again, but you can drift with any car.

the s2k is a harder car to drift than, say, an s13 or a fd36, because of its lack of low-end torque. the vtec doesnt kick in till about 6k rpm (right? not sure bout the number, but you get the point). in order to hold a slide successfully, you must have adequate throttle response to keep the rear tires spinning near the brink of traction. this may be why most drifters wont touch a honda (add to it the fact that most hondas are FF layout).

I agree, even i have fallen prey to the mentality of hating everything that is honda because of the ricers, but i try to take an unbiased approach to this topic.

the bottom line is, if you like the car and you have the balls to deal with the consequences if you wreck it (ie. $$), then i say go for it. practice makes near perfect, so *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* the rules!

Comment

Working...
                                X