Nascar Drift::

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Drift::

haha interesting title ey? well it'd be cool to see, IMO, the most-boring motorsport there is (Nascar)) get sideways on the O-tracks (and possibly even on the in-fields courses)) while competing tandem-style, etc...

even nascar trucks could participate (even tho i don't like trucks all too much unless i'm moving)) and it'd probably look similar to a Nomuken dorifto blinding the other drifter following behind~

THIS is how nascar trucks should race::!!

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/do...ry2.asp?Page=7

that would be cool. but yeah that might be illegal per nascar rules... but who knows.

Comment

Haven't seen it but I remember someone saying that some of the drift drivers got in the Nascars in some videos and tore it up. Think it was a Best motoring.

Comment

i would like to see them crash into each other....lol

Comment

Yea, Orido competed in Nascar for RSR a couple of years ago, he really like it I guess. Nascar is very very cool on the technology end, but to watch it's like watching paint dry. The same thing for 3000000 laps until someone crashes. That's all you see on sportscenter is the crashes and the finish. It's crazy all the stuff they do, the different suspensions they use at different tracks, brakes, engine setups (I like V-8s) its really techinical. Too bad everyone uses the same stuff too. That makes it kind of boring.

Comment

i dont like it cause the cars are fake, and the rrules are too restrictive....everyones car is exactly the same, and they dont even that fast....at least in Daytona, the American Le Mans series GT cars were going way faster....i just like GT racing better.....i once went to a nascar event, and it was 400 laps with 2 crashes....boring as hell. what i mean by fake cars is that they dont have actual headlights and stuff like that....they are just painted on......

thats just my $0.02

Comment

Actually the head/tail lights are stickers. I don't like the racing, and I do agree that all the cars are the same and thats boring, but they do have a lot of technology that goes into those cars and it is pretty interesting some of the stuff they have. But the racing, and the fact that all the cars are the same......thumbs down.

Comment

I agree that Nascar is boring to watch on TV. The TV does not convey the actual speeds these guys are going (150mph-190mph) so it looks boring. I agree 100% with the raging panda that Nascar has ALOT of tech going into it. The reason there are so many restrictions is because the Nascar league wants the sport to reward good driving. So if all the cars are the same as far as performance (they do run different engine setups, but capped on power), then the winner was the best driver. If you want to see Japan invade Nascar, watch the Nascar Truck league. Toyota is entering for the first time in 2004 and I think all the USA guys are scared (Toyota always dominates). It will be interesting.

On another note, all that these guys have to do to turn these things into drift cars is use different tires. I'd take a purpose built race car over a modified street car any day. IMHO with the right tune, a stock car would be an insane drift car. Go down a few leagues and these guys are racing on dirt (Hobby stock, Pro stock), drifting every turn.
                Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 02-13-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Another reason for the restrictions were the aero wars of the 60s. These guys were breaking 200+ and they didn't want anyone dying, so in come the restrictor plates. Without restrictor plates and if they still used the big blocks they were using back then, I swear they would be doing 260+ mph in Nascar. Then everyone in a crash would die.

Comment

Yups! Those cars are capable of insane speeds without performance caps!!

Comment

yeah i know....i dont hate on nascar, half my family likes it, and i respect that. i also agree that there is lots of tech that goes in to them, but even as a driver, i would get bored going in circles all the time....thats why i preffer drifting and GT racing.....

as far as everyone being even so the drivers are the determining factor, i think that is kinda cool...in that respect its like the Formula 3000 and whatever the precursur in japan to the JGTC is...the cars are the same, so the drivers are the winners.

Comment

You wouldn't worry about going in a circle all the time, you would worry about the 4 guys in your front, rear, left and right going 190 right next to you on a speedway that is only 3 cars wide. You wouldn't have time to be bored going in a circle. You would be trying to draft behind one guy so you can get past the guy on your inside, take his track and then pass the guy you were drafting. Then you would have to be worrying about how much fuel you have, how long your tires are going to last, and trying to save the fuel you do have so that you don't run out and have to pit. All of this in 100+ degree heat and at 190 mph. It's boring to watch but once you actually look into it, its really exciting. But again, boring to watch. And what do I do, I watch. LOL

Comment

youre probably right.....it would be fun just going that fast....lol

for now, though i have a feeling we must all watch.....i know my car isnt that fast.....lol

Comment

Yah drifting nascars naw!

Comment

Nascar is like any professional sport, watching it on tv and going to a race in person are abit different.

I've personally never been a fan of any race with purpose built race cars. Not that i dont like, im just by far more interested in what guys can do with street cars. Of course all motor sports starts out that way and they end up so heavily modified in the end that there like "stock car racing"
                              Last edited by nissanguy_24; 02-16-2004, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X