information on ae86/ae85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• information on ae86/ae85

this would probaly help everyone, or the majority, and especially me since i'm buying one in a few and i wanna know as much about it as possible. if any good info gets in here we can sticky it...but as for now, just ALL the informaiton i can get on a hachiroku and hachigo

Just to help you out.. The USA Never got the AE85. It makes me worried that soo many people think SR5 Corollas are AE85s.

Comment

here a site about the 4age engine
      http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20...tech_notes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
        Just to help you out.. The USA Never got the AE85. It makes me worried that soo many people think SR5 Corollas are AE85s.

Makes you worry? why dont you write an FAQ on the subject sence none of us seem to be experts except you. If theres a popular misconception, Why dont you do your best to correct it instead of giving people attitude about it.

Anyways just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          Makes you worry? why dont you write an FAQ on the subject sence none of us seem to be experts except you. If theres a popular misconception, Why dont you do your best to correct it instead of giving people attitude about it.

Anyways just a thought.
          werd, and besides i already knew that the ae85 didn't exist in america, but i bet there's people on here from the USA that wanna learn more about the USDM ae86's japanese little brother, the ae85...so thats why i said put all INFO...

Comment

Anyways just a thought.
            Yeah it makes me worried that no one still doesnt understand what a search button does! jeesh not so hard people!

I got to go to sleep, I will write up a long essay for all of you who need the info on a car that is really hard to find right now.

Comment

Try to be a little more accepting. I don't think he threw off attitude, he simply stated what he thought. But then it went a little far.

So why don't you type that up for everyone. I for one think it would be an excellent addition to the tech area.
              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 02-19-2004, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Man, dont you guys ever watch Initial D.....the 85 is a SOHC and the 86 a DOHC Get an 85 and people will laugh at you. Thats all you really need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by RiceRocket
                  Man, dont you guys ever watch Initial D.....the 85 is a SOHC and the 86 a DOHC Get an 85 and people will laugh at you. Thats all you really need to know.
                  your name suits you well...riceboy....a 85 is just as good as a 86...the engine is different sure, but who said the carb. sr5 can't hang with the injected gts?...its all about the driver...now back to the subject...who's gonna write a nice long essay for nemesis to read? and ofcourse learn something from...*note* i already read what toysports.com has to offer...i need more...

Comment

You know what? Im going to make it easy on you guys. If you want to learn about ae86s, this is not the place to do so. I am not a expert compared to some of the guys on club4ag, but I do know alot more then the usual person. If you dont sign up there your S.O.L. Because I dont have the time for the next month to write something of that magnitude.

Comment

He's right. Spend a few years on club4ag. It'll do wonders

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
                        You know what? Im going to make it easy on you guys. If you want to learn about ae86s, this is not the place to do so. I am not a expert compared to some of the guys on club4ag, but I do know alot more then the usual person. If you dont sign up there your S.O.L. Because I dont have the time for the next month to write something of that magnitude.
                        but im not a toyota guy... which is why i knew little about toyotas from that era.

Comment

but im not a toyota guy... which is why i knew little about toyotas from that era.
                          It doesnt matter. Its your decision to learn and take control of what you want information of. I have been on Club4ag for a year now and learned more then I could have done on my own or through a different site.

Comment

Yes, best website for all your need of info is www.club4ag.com
                            they have everything you need to know about corolla's.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                              your name suits you well...riceboy....a 85 is just as good as a 86...the engine is different sure, but who said the carb. sr5 can't hang with the injected gts?...its all about the driver...now back to the subject...who's gonna write a nice long essay for nemesis to read? and ofcourse learn something from...*note* i already read what toysports.com has to offer...i need more...
                              Aright Mr.Fujiwara, I was just kidding And thats Ricerocket... man, someone needs to retake reading101.

Comment

Working...
                              X