X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting?

HI!

first of all my english not so good.. sorry bout' that

To my question: i'm a newb at this forum, and i'm sure it's a lot of tip here how to drift. But, i would like some tip for a newbie that never drifted before! i'm sooo into drifting and want to try it out, but don't understand how to do it.. please help me out what's the first thing i should do?

Welcome.

Where are you from? What kind of car do you drive?

This thread should help you. It was just recently posted.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2367

Comment

you may think this is a flame, but it is the honest truth, learn how to drive correctly first. If you don't understand that. Good luck.

Also, save up a lot of money.

Comment

Agreed. Good driving is a must. Without that, I wouldn't try it.

Comment

yeah... i was driving for a few years (and many many many miles, lots of commutes) before i ever even got in the seat of my s13 and tried anything. It amazes me when a 15 or 16 year old is talking about drifitng, soon as they get there license or something

Its not that i think there too young or anything like that, and i mean no disrespect to them. Its just i look back at my driving experience then, and more importantly my self control. And i worry these younger guys are going to wind up hurting them selfs or someone else.

i say just dont be in a big rush when it comes to learning to drift or any other kind of performance driving. master the basics first you know.

Comment

I would find a track and learn from someone who has drifted... cause theres only so much u can learn by our tips....If ya cant find anyone, time to be self taught... but if you are like me and there are no tracks and no other drifters where u are then find an Open parking lot.... start off at slow speeds so u dont end up wrecking your car....

oh yeah... and buy lots of tires.... tires are always good...

Comment

Who cares about age. Gushi has already proved everyone wrong.

Comment

Drifting Tips

Well..

How do you teach someone how to drift..??
                I just Tell you to read read read up on "Drifting"
                Also go rent some videos or go to the pictures and video section.

Also you could read this post..
                http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=2367

Or take your car out and learn..
                The most experience you will get is behind the wheel..
                Even playing games like GT3 helped my knowledge on Drifting..Just remember to use Sumilation Tires!!! =)))

Oh yea, haha Really , Learn to drive normaly first..
                Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-19-2004, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Watch the Drift Bible. That is an Excellent starter tool. Also you need to do what I think is the most important thing for a driver to learn. If you don't have it, it's super hard to learn.

Comfort. What I mean by this is, Are you comfortable behind the wheel? I ask this because if you are not comfortable then you will never fully realize your potential. Take your car out and get comfortable with it, buy it a 30 dollar Castrol dinner and take it for a picnic in the country. May sound stupid but your car is a tool. A tool to accomplish what you want to do. If you can make that car an extension of your body, you will reach a new level.

I talk to mine. I named mine and I rub it every time I go by it. That way it knows I love it. Call me supersticious but cars have feelings. Treat your car right and it's like a woman. Sometimes cranky and whiney but treat em right and they are gold. Treat em wrong and watch out. They will take you to the edge and then let you go.

Life lesson- treat your woman and your car right, cause they tell each other on you behind your back and without them you ain't goin nowhere.

Comment

There is no replacement for seat time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                      I talk to mine. I named mine and I rub it every time I go by it. That way it knows I love it. Call me supersticious but cars have feelings. Treat your car right and it's like a woman. Sometimes cranky and whiney but treat em right and they are gold. Treat em wrong and watch out. They will take you to the edge and then let you go.

Man, I do the samething. Its definatly important to get to know your car before doing any tricks with it. And definatly dont learn on public roads, too many risks.

Comment

Agreed and agreed to the seat time.

No relacement for seat placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                          Who cares about age. Gushi has already proved everyone wrong.

no it doesn't. Gushi is an exceptional person. with advantages most of us dont have.

1: pops is into imports has a shop taught him basics of driving.

2:knows how to speek japanese. option video help alot!

3:as far as i understand th kid has been driving since age 14. thanx to track availability and a cool pops to sign a waver form.

4:as far as i can tell ,the kids smart. he did his own sr swap at age 16.

and as far as age. it's not about a 16year olds age. more the way they act. which is like little punks.

and gushi doesnt get on every forum and talk smack. he's out on the road.

where are you? rite here doing this.

Comment

Seat time and getting comfortable both veeeerrrry much needed... Learn how the car feels, how it "ticks"... once this is acheived u know what u can and cannot do with your car...

heh most people look at me like i'm insane doing 70mph through a circle off- ramp... but to me its like driving in a straight

also good to see that im not the only one who speaks to his car as if it were a living breathing person
                            Last edited by HasNoTiresLeft; 02-20-2004, 07:44 PM.

Comment

First I think you should learn what drifting is.
                              Last edited by prodigy; 02-20-2004, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X