Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with starting out

Hey whats up

Im new to drifting and really want to get into it. Right now I have a 91 Nissan 240sx Se and was wondering what parts I should buy to make it a good drift car and places that I could work on my drifting skills. (I live in Gettysburg, PA)

Any help is appreciated

Hey there is a bunch of quiet places out there in the country to practice. What have you done to the 240 already?
    Last edited by Alphajacks; 02-19-2004, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Welcome,

I do believe the search button will help you find most if not all your answers. From 240 parts, to where the best places to practice your drift skills are. Have fun.

Comment

parts on my car

Right now im in the process of getting tie rods, carbon fiber hatch, brake rotors, and I will be getting a wide body kit within a couple of weeks

Comment

All that stuff you wasted your money on isn't going to make you a better drifter, only seat time will. Send all that stuff back and get an LSD. You can keep the tie rods and brake rotors. You're gonna crash, dont get a wide body kit. Its a waste. All the questions you are asking have been answered in previous posts, just give it a little search.
          Last edited by pita bread; 02-19-2004, 08:39 AM.

Comment

This isn't a flame

bad idea man, if you're serious about drifting then plan on getting some dings and dents on your car. I'd put off the widebody kit and opt for a nice set of coilovers. Remember that what you see in the magazines are either sponsored(free parts) or show cars.

Comment

I agree bout the Widebody kit. You just gonna either trash it or kick yourself later for spending the money on that rather than some suspension.

My advice to you is this, make sure you like it before you commit to it. Take the car out stock and learn how to slide it. If you like it then start out with light mods and continue to evolve. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a good driver. You may find that you don't like Drifting and that you want that wide body kit for shows. Hey nothing wrong with that, nothing at all. But don't spend the money either way before finding your niche.

Trust me you will be much happier that way. My car is a gripper first and foremost. I am a gripper who loves Drifting. Not super good at it but it is fun. That's why I got a Hachi. Didn't want to change the set up on my FD just to slide around in it.

Also Alphajacks it's prolly not a good idea to post that spot. You may not think much about it but this is the first spot on the entire World Wide Web that anyone goes for Drifting. Even cops. Yes you may pull into your favorite spot and Johnny Tin Star will be sitting there with his personal car taping your every move.

Pm that stuff to keep great spots and locals sacred.

Comment

Thanks

hey guys thanks a lot

Thats probably a good idea on the body kit. The reason im getting a carbon fiber hatch is because of the rust issue under the spoiler and it is just cheaper for me to buy the new hatch than to put patch panels in.

Comment

Good way of thinking. But you could prolly find a hatch at a yard for next to nothing. But if you want the Carbon hatch, go for it. Only helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X