ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting FC's (GTUs vs. TURBO II) comparison.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting FC's (GTUs vs. TURBO II) comparison.

Well now i get to drive two(2) of the best FC's ever made..
    A 90 TURBO II and 89 GTUs.Both cars have the same chassis and suspention set up stock on stock, but the GTUs does weigh about 200 lbs. lighter and has 4.30 final drive compared to the TURBO II's , 4.10..Meaning the GTUs has smaller gearing which is better for autocross or small tracks..Most FC owners would love to have this rear end on the TURBO II.I am thinking of swaping it but that means the whole tranny has to be swaped or I can just exchange the ring and pinion.Both cars have 4-pistom brakes, a viscous Limited Slip Diffentrial (VLSD)..But I must say the TURBO II might not have the lowend power but after 3000 rpms it gets UP!!
    The GTUs is easier to drive around and has gobs of lowend power that is missing from the TURBO II..For a everyday car i would drive the GTUs since it is reliable about 10 times more than a TURBO II..=)Well Both are Great Drift cars but i say learn with a non turbo first , then move up to something with more power..

I drift both cars,and think Both cars Are Great..Can't tell which I would preffer for drifting because both cars (GTUs and TURBO II) handle beautifuly..

So sad to let my GTUs go..I'm selling it to anybody who is intrested..($3000 CASH FIRM)
    at this post.:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=1779
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-20-2004, 09:21 PM.

FC's

both are really ncie cars and both at a really great price :] you sure know how to find deals!
    ive been in the GTUs while gettin sidways...good performance by the car and even better from peter
    ive yet to ride in the T2 but im sure itll be just as good if not better!!

Comment

should be the same ride as your t2 when it was stock if it was stock when you got it and good luck with the t2 peter

Comment

FC's aren't the easiest to initiate long show drifts with.

they are best for low angle drifts... but i still slide my fc around like nothin

Comment

Mods..

Originally posted by ProjectD
          FC's aren't the easiest to initiate long show drifts with.

they are best for low angle drifts... but i still slide my fc around like nothin
          Well I feel ya about that!!hard to get High slip angles..Hey harder the car the more points you will get for drifting =)I'm going D1 regulations on my 90 turbo II, so it can enter in the drivers search if i can get the car done by then..
          Anyways to compensate for that I will be cutting a few more notches on the power steering rack and doing a few tie rod mods to give me an extra 1 inch of wheel angle when locked..this should help me get better slip angles =)
          Last edited by JunpoweR; 02-22-2004, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Re: Mods..

Originally posted by JunpoweR
            Anyways to compensate for that I will be cutting a few more notches on the power steering rack and doing a few tie rod mods to give me an extra 1 inch of wheel angle when locked..this should help me get better slip angles =)

damn strait!!!!

but sideways

Comment

REVIVED! so post up your comments

Comment

Working...
              X