Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to drift my honda

please give me hint

Is your Honda an S2000? If no, please trade in your honda and buy an S2000 or other RWD vehicle.

Comment

handbrake and inertia..that's about it.

Comment

off a cliff

Comment

Originally posted by rulebeel View Post
          please give me hint
          Place .44 to head pull trigger

Comment

Well, if your honda's a ridgeline, you can drift that...think it has part time AWD, so you can go with that.
            Last edited by 77ElCaminoDrift; 05-20-2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
              Place .44 to head pull trigger
              As lame as this kid's question is...your comment really wasn't funny..

Comment

We all know, or rather, should know, about a sick little black EF from back in the day which was bought by Falken and brought over to the US with the driver under contract. If you dont know, the car and it's driver were a very unique combination, the car was FF, and the driver was bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*. It was a front wheel drive drift car and the driver was able to maintain drifts and pull through them rather than push.

In truth, all we know is what we do and what is popular...if Gymkhana was done properly in the US, you'd see a whole breed of FF Gym cars built for drift and grip with LSD trannys and blowing as much smoke as the RWD guys.

Anyways, for those of you who think the only thing blowing smoke is me, just dont forget that we went from circle tracks, to dedicated road courses to RWD drifting, so just enjoy the progression and always try new things.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e1IQ5oVP3dY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e1IQ5oVP3dY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFUegaEibwE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EFUegaEibwE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

If the honda is your daily driver i recommend a wet or snowy surface and some spare tires. Also, in my experience, you will need to keep the front wheels spinning to maintain some sense of angle. Your results may vary.

Comment

I only have one thing to say regarding the first video

. . . Nice hair.

I still don't see it as the same thing. If a FF car loses it's slide, it just straightens out whereas a RWD car could spin and hit the wall or another car. Also, I may be oversimplifying a bit, but it still looks like all he's really doing is dragging the e-brake.

I don't know. I was watching the video and I just wasn't impressed the way I am when I see a RWD car hanging it out. I was reminded of a little boy dressing up in daddy's clothes and "going to work".

Comment

drifting in an FF car is like drifting in a 10 hp 10 ft-lb RWD car, it's very difficult, and requires a lot of work, but it's possible, my first entry into drift was with an FF car, and with no E-Brake, and I still managed to kick it sideways from time to time, and I was a rookie rookie, but when I got an FR, the whole game changed, so to me drifting FF is a whole type of thing, not drift, just something that looks like it with a completely new set of rules

-EDIT
                      Well, by definition it is drifting..I mean, the rear wheels are losing traction, and even though there's no actual power going to the wheels, they can still slip when enough force is causing them to slide, which basically limits you to power over unless you intend on using the ebrake to drift all the time. Also, referring to dude's post earlier about FF drift: FF cars with Limited Slip? Am I missing something here? I might just be ignorant, but I was pretty sure the LSD hooked up to the driveshaft...but please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I just think a limited slip on an FF would just add extra weight and screw with people like me's heads when I look behind cars to see if they're RWD or not if I don't recognize it.
                      Last edited by 77ElCaminoDrift; 05-21-2008, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                        As lame as this kid's question is...your comment really wasn't funny..
                        agreed....

Comment

LSD on FF

Yes, you can have LSD on an front wheel drive car, and no, for an FF there is not driveshaft as with a RWD car. I am glad you asked to be corrected if you were wrong because with that attitude you will open yourself up to learn. It's the same way I attempt to approach life and new information. Please contact KAAZ USA and discuss the realities of front wheel limited slips, if anything I am sure they would be happy to educate you.

Here is the link to their HONDA/ACURA LSDs

http://www.kaazonline.com/acura--honda.html

In further answering your question I would say your confusion comes from the fact that generally in reference to an LSD many people who associate within the drifting community and sport tend to think of RWD. However many roadracers also make use of LSDs in their front wheel drive cars. On a rear wheel drive car the LSD is in the "pumpkin" or differential housing and yes, it is connected at the end of the driveshaft which extends beyond the transmission. On the Honda platforms that I am familiar with, D series and B series, the transmission is connected to the engine on the side up front. I believe the differential and the transmission are all very close to eachother though I couldn't describe exactly how it looks. Also I believe instead of driveshafts it has what is called driveaxles as the axles extend out of the tranny to the front hubs. However in the spirit of learning I would ask anyone to correct me if I am wrong in what I have said as I am sure it is very general in comparison to what is really going on.

Comment

it's a transaxle,which essentially shoves a driveshaft through the whole transmission to the wheels..a type of differential gear could be useful, but I don't see how it would help in an FF; a LSD in RWD vehicles is used to control understeer and oversteer by adjusting how the wheels react to acceleration and deceleration, and basically what I'm getting at is in FF vehicles, you'd essentially be creating understeer for yourself by using an LSD, at least that's how my mind sees it.

Comment

No, it helps you pull through a turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X