fm901 , how good are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fm901 , how good are they?

hi all would like some feedback on these tires used on a s14 with rims size r16.......do u think they are equal or better than yokohamas es100 cause the stupid tires.com sent me the wrong pair and i was thinking to change or not ...thanks a all for the feedback....

i would like to know in terms of front grip.......thanks

I normally run the Dunlop FM901s and I love them. Very good tire, and fairly cheap too. I've also run the ES100s at two events and don't like them nearly as much. Some people like them, but I simply don't have as much feel/control with them (maybe it's setup specific/personal preferrance).

I've run the es100 back to back against the 901 and kuhmho 712 and it was a night and day difference. Even a camera guy that didn't know much about drifting immediatly noticed a huge improvment when I went back to the 901s. Also, the ES100 is more prone to chunking, while the 901 just wears down gradualy.

-Tony

Comment

great foilman thanks for the feedback.....whats your car setup? and what car is it?

most people told me the es are better.........i waas thinking to put the fm901 up front and some kumho 711 at the rear as i am just starting out hahahha

any other info?

Comment

It's a '96 240SX KA-turbo. If you are putting them on the front, it won't matter quite as much wheter it's a Dunlop 901 or ES100. The early ES100s (at leat in the 225/50 16) had HUGE sidewall/lip rim protection that I had to make 3mm spacers for. Kind of pissed me off because they were the same exact size as the others makes but wouldn't clear the front struts. I think they might have fixed that tough.

go to lookout drift and see the Cloverleaf footage
        or tamparacing.com for the DDay coverage
        or www.joesvideos.com/tony (the big video requires the divx codec)

-Tony

Comment

you r da guy driftin that s14? wow great skills what mod u had on that car?

Comment

Yeah, that's me. Sorry, I'm real short on time. Search, I've posted the info here before
            Last edited by foilman; 02-26-2004, 11:17 AM.

Comment

My findings are the opposite.

Teh FM901 weren't providing the traction I need for my KA+T. My car puts down 300rwhp and 330ft-lb torque.

With the FM901, high angle transitions, would be tough to recover from.

With the ES100, lot easier to recover. To the point where I'm now using AVS Sports for even more traction for these highspeed snap transitions.

Comment

under which topic should i search it foilman?

are u running lsd?

Comment

Working...
                X