Desperate help pls......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate help pls......

i have one pair of Dunlop FM901 with the size 205/50/R16 and i have these 16"X7 rims , i brought it over to the walmart tire shop , and they told me the tires cant fit the rims....i would wonder why? they told me it wouldnt seal properly

then they pointed out on the FM901 sidewall there is written " Do not mount on 16.5 rims" .......i was like what? is it possible it wouldn't fit? i would need all help and advise possible....thanks a lot cause i got them from tires.com and i wouldnt know what to do with it if it wont fit my rims.....

im using a 4 lug s14 ....... what kinda lugs would fit it if i change the rims?

Desperate...thanks

Jason

anything 4x114.3. or 4x41/2 for the US stuff.

Comment

erm what about the tires then? any info or it is suppose to fit?

Comment

A 185/60 will fit on a 7 inch rim and it looks hot. I wouldnt go any wider than a 215 though.

Comment

erm im confused.....im using 205/50/r16..........why couldnt it fit? or is it suppose to fit?

Comment

they will fit fine, just tell them to do it or take it to a real wheel shop.

anything that says "do not mount on ____" dosnt matter. I have run every tire imaginable on my 15s and 16s, and have yet do mess somthing up. Hell, i put a 205 on a 10j rim....
            Last edited by Matto; 02-27-2004, 11:29 PM.

Comment

wow thanks for the reply........

but i really saw the tire didnt seal.anyway i could direct those dummies to fix it better?....like he told me even i put 50 psi into it , it still wont seal...craziness.......hahaha....

thanks all

Comment

you can make it seal, you just need the right stuff...

I just mounted some 205/50/15s on my 7.5j rim...

wait...never mind..i just re-read your post... you were trying to put 16in tires on a 16.5in wheel??

Comment

Working...
                X