Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting w/ abs or w/o abs???

like the subject says. does it really matter or help? thanks

if your car does not have abs, it may be harder to control during a slide. if you start to lose control in an abs car, you can stop the car (depending on the angle of the slide and the speed of the car) using the brake. but if you panic in a non-abs car, you might hit the brake too hard and further lose control of the car.

although it is possible, i would not recommend using a non-abs car to drift without alot of practice first.

Comment

No, the abs will not affect your drifting. ABS only keeps your wheels from locking up, and you don't really hit the brakes that hard while drifting. Entering a corner is another story. I don't really hit the brakes during a drift anyways so it doesn't matter at all to me. I could not have brakes and still drift, but starting and stopping the drift would be impossible. There are a ton of 240s without abs, and i dont think ANY 86s came with ABS (someone correct me if im wrong) and I see a ton of those drifting.

Comment

Originally posted by 180sx2nr8u
        if your car does not have abs, it may be harder to control during a slide. if you start to lose control in an abs car, you can stop the car (depending on the angle of the slide and the speed of the car) using the brake. but if you panic in a non-abs car, you might hit the brake too hard and further lose control of the car.

although it is possible, i would not recommend using a non-abs car to drift without alot of practice first.
        This is a problem with a non abs car in any motorsport as well as regular driving. Thats why you train your self to not lock them up. Many drivers consider this a skill.

Comment

i agree ive learned to control my brake, where it will lock up and right on the edge, it just takes practice abs isnt needed

i guess this follows the theory that people think parts, once installed, will make them perform better..... all it takes is an understanding of the car

dont get me wrong i havent mastered my car, im just sayin dont rely on things like new parts to try to make you better

in other word it doesnt matter whether the car has abs or not, just learn to use what you have

Comment

Working...
          X