carting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carting

i heard from someone that the best way to go to learn car control is karting. is this true? i just learned car control from getting behind the wheel and doing donuts. i love having fun in cars and thats how i would recommend it, but is carting just as good? im confused

Depends how old you are. Sounds like you are old enough to drive so Karting might not be for you. Karting teaches you alot of things about car control, it will also teach you how how to be comfortable in a car going high speed with people in REAL close proximity. Karting is how alot of people get into racing as well. Lotta big names came out of Karting.

If you are driving already then keep practicing how you are and look into other schools such as Road racing schools, Track days or other venues. Alot of tracks put in SCCA license driving school. They usually last a weeked and araen't too too expensive. Unfortunatly you will need a prepped car to participate in that, so if you have a friend with one that is willing to let you use it get ready to supply race fuel, tires and what not. Also pray god you don't wreck your buddies car . After I sold my ITB prepped Honda (that I drove on the street ) the guy I sold it to took it out first race and wiped it out. Then they outlawed the chassis (81 Honda Accord) and he couldn't race it anymore. It was built by Fifth Gear in Jacksonville Fla. Cool car specially on the street.

So look around and see what is available in your area. I'm sure there are planty of things to do. Good luck.
    Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 03-02-2004, 02:56 AM.

Comment

yeah thanx. i was thinkin bout goin over to the skip barber racing school and get into formula 1 racing sometime soon. that would be a great experience.

Comment

its hard to say im 17 i leard to drift in my shifter cart and thats how i practice i dont have a car worrkin at the moment so ya thats got alot to do with it, but when my 240 is running ill be out in my car

Comment

yeah skip barber is pretty good from what i heard. no i havent gone yet im on the east coast but bondurant is a great one too he was talking about drifting in the 80`s though they supposedly have a driftng course in the works too

Comment

where? on tha east coast? whereabout?

Comment

i think theres a skip barber school in florida in sebring

Comment

anybody know where i can get a kart?
                lol.

Comment

get some plans for one off the net and either have a shop fab it up for you or make it your self thats what i did for a little go-kart when i was a kid its not too hard but its alot of prep they got a few companys that build them on line too good luck with getting one research em good too so you dont get cheated too

Comment

Working...
                  X