passenger+driver=50/50 weight dist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passenger+driver=50/50 weight dist?

hey, jus wondering if you have a passenger on your right/(left on RHD cars) would it make a difference in handling?

More weight is how I always thought of it. It may feel a little more balanced depending on your suspension tuning. But 100lbs out of 2900lbs isn't that much, so it's no big deal.

Comment

I say it depends on your drifting style. My friend refuses to drift the local mountain with me riding. I went once and he didnt like the way it felt at all. I dont care if people ride in my car. Its already heavy and I'm using a different style and mindset, so the added weight does not hinder me at all.

Comment

what u drivin?

Comment

Heheh, can't you tell by our avatars and sigs =P

Comment

the 50/50 refurs to the front rear ballance...more times than not the front seats are at the cg...or close enogh to it..

but side to side ballance, that would be somthing diffrent with a passager...

Comment

I dont notice any difference with or without a passenger.

Comment

What if your passenger was a Sumo wrestler and u were on the way to taking him to a big match.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                  What if your passenger was a Sumo wrestler and u were on the way to taking him to a big match.
                  lol, yeah, i think that would make a difference.....

personally, ive never felt a difference, my car is stable while cornering all the time, perhaps it makes a bigger difference in a small ff, like a crx or something like that....

Comment

yo i know its just an anime, but i saw this in initial d. try putting the passenger in the rear seat, opposite side. this will help the front/rear balance to be more equal. dunno if it will make a difference. makes sense though.

Comment

A human doesnt way that much to cause so much of a change in handling. Thats wat i think. Unless like i said before, hes a sumo wrestler.

Comment

what about 3 other people? would that make a difference?

Comment

ive noticed a slight difference when drifting with ppl in the car. i had all the seats full in my zenki and i could tell but it was like a extra umm... 350lbs besides me 155lbs. but anyways its nothing thats going to make an extreme difference.

Comment

well from what i know, the car is supposed to be driven with only the drive. that is the way it was made. but it really doesnt do anything but add weight. if you have a bunch of people in the car, it might change it. and if you know your car really well, you could most likely feel the difference. but if you have other people in the car with you, dont be drifting. its ok to hurt yourself drifting, but dont harm others. and just be safe all the time anyway.

Comment

trust me an extra 180LB in the other seat will affect the way a car corners...Ive never had back to back lap times or auto x times to tell ya the exact diffrence..but it is noticable...at least to me..but then again i can notice a 5pis diffrence in tire pressure..

Comment

Working...
                              X